A BRITISH tourist has died after being knocked off his motorbike by a suspected drunk driver in a horror smash in Brazil. Christopher Peck, 34, was just two weeks into a four-month dream holiday when he was mowed down by the car, which had pulled out to overtake a truck near the Bolivian border. He was rushed to hospital where he spent 13 days fighting for life after the smash on April 20 and had to have his left leg amputated below the knee. But he tragically died from his injuries this morning after his condition deteriorated further. Upon hearing the news, Christopher's mum Sylvia, 72, and brother Sean, 47, got the earliest flight they could and raced to Brazil from Cumbria on April 22. They now blame the British insurance firm he had taken a policy out with after they refused to pay for treatment which they believe could have saved his life. They had desperately tried to raise £200,000 for treatment and to bring him back home to the UK before his death. His brother Sean … [Read more...] about Brit tourist dies in hospital after being knocked off his bike by ‘drunk driver’ in Brazil
Small animal hospital
(Natural News) Vets around the world are seeing horrific reactions from over-vaccinating, yet many pet owners remain unaware of the problem and continue to bring their pets in for yearly shots without questioning the risks.All pets are given the same vaccine dose regardless of their size, which means a cat that weighs five pounds will get the same dose as a 150-pound dog. The same, incidentally, is also true of humans. It’s mind-boggling to consider a kitten getting dosed with the same amount of neurotoxins as a 150-pound Great Dane. Small pet breeds have a 10-times higher likelihood of experiencing negative reactions to vaccines, and they can show up anywhere from two months to ten years after the pet is given the jab.Therefore, it’s little surprise that vaccine reactions in pets have reached an all-time high, with 10 percent of U.K. dogs and cats experiencing adverse reactions to vaccines.Dr. John Robb is a Connecticut vet who has 34 years of experience saving pets’ … [Read more...] about PET HEALTH WARNING: Veterinarians are wildly overdosing small dogs with toxic vaccines, causing devastating side effects
“Turn me into a Terminator,” joked Paul de Gelder with the surgeon who was going to amputate what was left of his right leg after a 10-foot-long bull shark had made a meal of his hamstring and most of his quad. Two days earlier, in February 2009, the 31-year-old Australian Navy diver had been swimming on his back for 5 minutes in Sydney Harbor at 7 a.m. as part of a routine anti-terrorism drill when he felt a hard thump against his right thigh. It didn't hurt, but it caught him off-guard—and took him about a second to realize that a shark had just clamped down on his leg, biting through his wetsuit. The next 9 seconds were essentially a real-life scene from Jaws. “This big shark head was on my leg and its eye was just staring at me," de Gelder recalls. "Every time I had entered the water up to that point, I had been scared of sharks, but no one had been attacked by a shark here for the past 60 years. It was literally my worst nightmare." The Navy hadn't … [Read more...] about This Man Lost His Hand and Leg in a Brutal Shark Attack. Two Days Later, He Was Doing Pushups in His Hospital Bed.
(Natural News) If your own health, or even your family’s health won’t get you to think twice about lighting up, then maybe your pet’s health will. Researchers from the University of Glasgow have found that pets are also affected by passive smoking, perhaps even more than humans. This can lead to many undesirable health conditions in the animals, from weight gain to cancer.“Our findings show that exposure to smoke in the home is having a direct impact on pets,” Clare Knottenbelt, professor of Small Animal Medicine and Oncology at the university’s Small Animal Hospital said in an article on the university’s website. “It risks ongoing cell damage, increasing weight gain after castration, and has previously been shown to increase the risk of certain cancers.”The study said that pets are especially vulnerable to secondhand smoke because they spend more time at home. They are also generally closer to carpets, where carcinogens … [Read more...] about Secondhand smoke puts pets at risk of cancer, experts warn
Many of us know that ultraviolet rays are damaging for the skin, so as the hottest months of summer approach, a lot of us are stocking up on sunscreen and hoping for a beautiful, radiation-free tan. But what if we could get a darker skin tone without any of the risks? New research investigates. In the United States, skin cancer is the most prevalent form of cancer. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report that in 2013, almost 72,000 people had melanomas of the skin, with some studies indicating that the number of those affected has increased in the past few years. Ultraviolet (UV) rays and sun exposure have been suggested to cause skin cancer, and it is commonly accepted that these rays damage the skin. Particularly in the case of fair-skinned individuals, UV exposure has been shown to significantly increase the risk of skin cancer. This happens because fair-skinned people do not produce eumelanin, which is a protective, dark pigment. Although products such … [Read more...] about How a small molecule can induce UV-free tanning