Solo or with friends, road trips can be an adventurous way to travel. However, sometimes it’s hard to find healthy snacks in convenience stores and rest stops. Besides, eating irregularly and sitting for hours on end while driving can cause digestive problems like constipation and bloating, so eating healthy snacks makes a lot of sense.
When you don’t pack any (healthy) snacks for your trip, you just end up eating unhealthy snacks packed with calories and high sugar and salt content. However, packing a tin or two of healthy snacks can not only aid your health but also your pocket!
Here is a list of 10 healthy snacks you should consider for your next road trip.
10 Healthy And Tasty Snacks For Your Road Trips
1. Cheese and apple slices
Portion-controlled cheeses are an ideal travel snack. These contain four grams of fibre and have about 70 calories. You can have it with apples to up your fibre intake. The apple-cheese combination will fill your stomach without leaving you feeling fatigued  .
2. Roasted chickpeas
Roasted chickpeas are a great option if you’re looking for a gluten-free and wholesome snack to keep you satiated on a long drive. These contain eight grams of protein and six grams of fibre  . A bowl of chickpeas can keep your tummy full for at least 5 hours and help healthily ease the hunger pangs.
3. Shelled pistachios
Pistachios make a great healthy travel snack since they’re one of the lowest-fat tree nuts, containing just 100 calories per 32 nuts! They’re also high in fibre and potassium  . Eating shelled pistachios can help control cravings and prevent you from consuming unhealthy food items.
4. Granola bar
You need granola bars with less sugar and calorie content  . These contain seven grams of fibre, six grams of protein, and five grams of sugar and are the perfect road trip snack.
Low in cholesterol, fat and sodium, makhana is an ideal snack to satiate your on-the-road hunger pangs. In addition, people suffering from high blood pressure, heart diseases and obesity can benefit from this healthy snack.
6. Trail mix
Trail mixes can be healthy and tasty – when you make them yourself. For example, you can make a trail mix with almonds at home. Add dried fruits, whole-grain cereal and dark chocolate to complete the mix and take it with you on your next road trip  .
7. Sprout salad
Sprouts are rich in nutrients and extremely low in calories and fat. You can use moong sprouts which help reduce the blood pressure levels and to help detoxify the blood. You can eat the salad with a dash of lemon  .
8. Energy balls
Using healthy ingredients like nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, energy bites are bite-sized snacks packed with nutrition and calories. They’re easy to make at home, and you can pack them in a cooler for travel.
9. Pumpkin seeds
Another go-to option for a healthy road trip snack is pumpkin seeds. Salty, crunchy and healthy pumpkin seeds are rich in magnesium which can help promote and improve your sleep quality.
10. Hard-boiled eggs
Although this may not seem like a snack, hard-boiled eggs are extremely good for your health, as it helps keep your blood sugar stable and hence healthily control the hunger pangs. You can also make egg muffins, which are made by mixing vegetables and egg whites (best if you make some in the evening beforehand and keep it refrigerated)  .
On A Final Note…
Avoid foods such as coffee, extremely salty chips, milkshakes and greasy fast food on a lengthy car ride.
nutritionHow To Make Your Diet More Sustainable, Healthy Or Cheap – Without Giving Up Nutrients
wellness22 Simple And Effective Tips To Stay Healthy This Winter Season
wellness10 Healthy Ways To Eat More Vegetables EveryDay
wellness9 Healthy Greek Foods To Improve Your Overall Health
wellness7 Healthy Substitutes For Milk Powder
wellness7 Best And Healthy Substitutes For Vegetable Oil
wellness6 Healthy Ways To Eat Potatoes
wellness10 Best Healthy Alternatives To Rice You Should Try
wellnessOlive Oil vs Vegetable Oil: Which Is A Healthier Option?
wellness6 Healthy Ways To Eat Spinach
diet fitness16 Fun Toppings And Recipes To Make Your Tacos Healthy And Tasty!
wellness8 Ways To Live A Quality Life With Hepatitis
- Study reveals what makes up the typical road trip
- Taking A Road Trip? Coolers And Sunglasses For Every Summer Adventure
- Antiques Road Trip expert demands higher offer for button measure 'I need more'
- Scotland's North Coast 500 named best road trip destination in UK
- Top UK and worldwide road trip destinations listed as Scotland's North Coast comes top
- Antiques Road Trip expert unable to look as chair makes huge loss ‘I can’t bear it!’
- Antiques Road Trip expert 'regrets' buying unusual item after measly profit 'Come on!'
- Antiques Road Trip expert ‘can’t watch’ as damaged item makes disappointing loss
- Antiques Road Trip expert mocks co-star after tiny profit made on bowl 'It's just a game'
- Antiques Road Trip expert stunned as £60 camera sells for record-breaking £20,000
- Travel the US in eight minutes! Stunning timelapse video shows a four-week, 9,500-mile road trip across 11 states
- Get packing for your Memorial Day weekend road trip getaway
- Holiday-loving Brits spend an average of four hours on road trips covering 150 miles – while singing 41 songs
- Hungry for travel and connection, we took a road trip for Texas barbecue
- The UK’s best road trip destinations revealed – with Scotland coming out on top
- Antiques Road Trip star Izzie Balmer makes candid comment about early career
- Britain's top road trips – including Scotland's alternative to Route 66
- Road trips, battery safety and competing for chargers: 10 electric car queries answered
- This couple is living the Aussie road trip dream — with a troopy and 60,000 kilograms of rubbish
- Student, 19, who got paid £250m in Bitcoin to deliver two pizzas spent it all on road trip
10 Healthy And Tasty Snacks For Your Road Trips have 985 words, post on www.boldsky.com at September 19, 2022. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.