In a heart-rending incident in Mumbai on Thursday, the police found and reunited a seven-year-old girl, Pooja Gaud, with her mother and siblings who reside in Juhu Galli, nine and a half years after she went missing.
She was referred to as “Girl No. 166”, as she was the last of the 166 girls to be found by the police, who went missing between the years 2008 and 2015.
The accused named Harry Joseph D’Souza has been detained by the Mumbai Police in connection with the crime. His wife Soni has not been detained as there is no one to look for their six-year-old daughter.
According to news reports, D’Souza, who is a 50-year-old man is the one behind the abduction of the girl. Reports say that he had lured the girl for ice cream and abducted her. The man believed that the girl was a solution to the couple’s needs since they were childless.
Rajendra Dhondu Bhosle, an assistant sub-inspector of DN Nagar police station, Mumbai, was in charge of the case of 166 missing girls. When he retired, he handed the case to his team, who tracked down 165 girls, except for the last “Girl 166”, whom he tried to find even after his retirement.
The case made progress after the couple’s Mumbai apartment housekeeper began conversing with the girl. Later, the housekeeper made the decision to look into the 2013 missing person case and discovered multiple reports. With the help of phone numbers she found in one of the links, she found the girl’s family neighbours and confirmed the missing.
With the help of Bhosle and local police inspectors, the girl was successfully reunited with her family. The girl was abducted on her way to school in 2013.
Read more about: missing girl
- 16-year-old Neath girl went missing on New Year's Day and hasn't been seen since
- Police appeal after 15-year-old Leeds girl goes missing
- Moment bus driver rescues one-year-old baby girl found wandering alone and barefoot along road in freezing temperatures
- Body of 7-year-old migrant girl who died in US custody flown back to Guatemala
- Six-year-old American girl rescued after posting pictures of her dead father to Facebook
- Shocking video shows 6ft 5in thug thumping an 11-year-old black girl in the face outside a North Carolina shopping mall
- Seven-year-old Indian girl tries to have father arrested after he fails to build a toilet in their home
- Family of seven-year-old Guatemalan girl who died in US custody disputes official story
- Death of seven-year-old migrant girl in US custody sparks furor
- Seven-year-old Guatemalan girl dies in US custody: report
- 10-year-old Healing girl to star at London Fashion Week
- 13-year-old American girl found three months after parents murdered
- Missing 13-year-old Northampton girl Chantae has been found
- Inquest date revealed 14 YEARS after Steven, 20, went missing on holiday
- Police searching for this missing 12-year-old Harrogate girl think she may be in Leeds
- Three-year-old Indian girl in critical condition after being raped 'by guard' in apartment building
- Concerns growing for missing 15-year-old Aberdeen girl not seen since Monday
- Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old Lowestoft girl
- Portsmouth’s 100-year-old birthday girl still learns something new everyday
- Five-year-old Glemsford girl praised for brave actions after mother hurt in fall
7-Year-Old Mumbai Girl Went Missing And Was Found After 9 Years And 7 Months have 544 words, post on www.boldsky.com at August 8, 2022. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.