According to a blog based on a survey by the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, around 75 per cent of people say 0-2 lies a day, and these lies are mainly little white lies or lies about unimportant matters without hurting the sentiments of others. 
It is not easy to detect a lie. Some experts such as psychiatrists, trained police officers or psychologists may detect liars by reading lies through facial expressions and body language.
Liars have certain specific strategies or characteristics that make them prolific liars. In this article, we will unravel some of the things about liars that you should know.
1. There are two types of liars
According to the Journal of Language And Social Psychology , there are two types of liars: prolific liars and normal liars. Prolific liars are the ones who say five or more lies a day and believe that lying is often an acceptable thing in any circumstance. They lie mainly to protect their secrets and self-interests, compared to white liars who lie out of concern for others. 
2. Liars lie more for their team
According to studies, people are more inclined to tell lies to get rewards that will help their entire team rather than rewards that are only for themselves. For example, employees may say white lies to their manager or a child may lie to parents to save their siblings from troubles.
3. Liars forget after lying
According to a study, many liars are less likely to remember events after lying about them. Around 10-16 per cent of people may remember because they tend to create a memory about the event after imagining it clearly and they trick the brain and make it believe that the lie was true. 
4. Liars use simple words
The most important strategy used by liars is the use of simple and clear words. They prevent adding extra details and give information that is short and relatable. They are experts at knowing the appropriate time to deliver a lie. These characteristics differentiate them from poor liars, as the latter add too many details and get caught.
5. Men are good liars
According to a study published by the researchers of the University of Portsmouth and named “Good Liars”, men recognise themselves as twice as good liars as women. In the study, 70 per cent of women and 30 per cent of men self-reported being poor liars. Also, 62 per cent of men acknowledged themselves as good liars, compared to 37 per cent of women. 
- It’s catfishing season! How to tell lovers from liars online, and more
- Watch Dogs review journal #2: how to be an ass online
- The anatomy of hype: how No Man’s Sky became the best and worst game ever
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer is CoD plus Titanfall plus GTA Online
- Network Scorecard: Week of September 20 – 26, 2010
- Developers shooting the messenger: stop blaming the press for sexist extremism in games
- Gaslamp Games discusses emergent character traits in Clockwork Empires, head bumps
- Reinstall: Leisure Suit Larry: Love For Sail
- This Week In Video Game Criticism: Apocalypse When? Zelda Now!
- Top Ten Games Made by Historical Figures: Games SIX and FIVE
- Opinion: Love, It's Working - Meaning And Action In Games
- An hour with Randy Pitchford
- Opinion: Brian Moriarty's Apology For Roger Ebert
- This Week In Video Game Criticism: From Learning Curves To Gamification BS
- A probable future for the MMO: Worlds Adrift and Improbable tech
- The non-Brit's guide to Britain's snap election
- Opinion: Learning from the past
- What we want to see from Dragon Age 3
- Meet the biggest scammer in EVE Online
- Saturday Crap Shoot: Man Enough
5 Interesting Things About Liars You Should Know have 648 words, post on www.boldsky.com at August 8, 2022. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.