Buckwheat (kuttu) is a highly-nutritious superfood that may help improve heart health, manage diabetes, promote weight loss and prevent iron deficiency in the body. It is a good source of protein, fibre, iron, potassium, calcium, selenium, manganese, folate, vitamin B complex and magnesium. 
A khichdi made with buckwheat seeds (as it is not a true grain but the seeds of a plant) and vegetables, along with aromatic spices could be a healthy and delicious meal option, especially for people with heart diseases and anaemia.
Here is the recipe for buckwheat and vegetable khichadi.
How To Prepare Buckwheat And Vegetable Khichdi
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Vegetarian
- One-third cup of buckwheat (seeds), washed and drained.
- Half cup of fresh vegetables, chopped. You can use any seasonal vegetables like potatoes, carrots, peas, beans, cauliflower and capsicum.
- One-fourth cup of split yellow moong gram (moong dal), washed and drained.
- One-fourth teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- 1-2 cloves.
- A pinch of asafoetida.
- One-fourth teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- A few green chillies as per taste.
- One-fourth teaspoon of turmeric.
- A teaspoon of ghee.
- Salt to taste.
- In a pressure cooker, heat ghee and crackle cumin seeds, cloves and asafoetida.
- Add buckwheat, split yellow moong gram and vegetables and saute them for around 2-3 minutes on a high flame.
- Add turmeric, black pepper, green chillies and salt to taste.
- Mix them well.
- Add around two cups of water and pressure cook the khichdi for up to three whistles.
- Serve hot with dahi, pickle and papad.
- You can add a bit of garam masala powder for added flavour.
- People – 1
- Carbohydartes – 34.6 g
- Protein – 8.4 g
- Fiber – 5.4 g
Sprouts Dhokla Recipe: How To Make Moong Dal Dhokla
Makar Sankranti 2022: Cultural Significance Of Having Khichdi On This Festival
How To Make Bajra Khichdi, A Low Calorie, Recipe
Soybean And Diabetes: Know How It Helps Control Glucose Levels
15 Amazing Health Benefits Of Zucchini
From Controlling Diabetes To Curing Fever, Here Are The Amazing Health Benefits Of Snake Gourd
Homemade Vegetable Face Packs For Glowing Skin
Vegetarian Casserole Recipe: How To Prepare Mixed Vegetable Casserole
Are You Eating Every Colour Of The Rainbow?
Five Anti-tan Foot Pack Recipes That Offer Instant & Long-term Relief
5 Vegetable Face Packs To Prepare At Home For A Glowing & Gorgeous Skin
Vegetable Pinwheel Samosa – Snack For Your Iftar Feast
Boldsky – Get breaking news alerts. Subscribe to Boldsky.
[ 4 of 5 – 62 Users]
- Heart disease risk high for people born in April: Study
- Avoid These Uric Acid Rich Foods
- Three ways to eat healthy from the new U.S. dietary guidelines
- Can eating eggs give you heart trouble? Here is what experts have to say
- 6 healthy changes you MUST make in your diet
- Snopes rolls its own crowdfunding infrastructure to prepare for 2020’s disinformation warfare
- Things to know before starting the vegan diet
- Quinoa: Health Benefits & Nutrition Facts
- National Nutrition Week 2018: Important Nutrients Required In Your 20s
- Important Nutrients Women Should Consume At Different Ages
- Yes, Cancer Can Be Prevented…
- Weekend Special Snack Recipes
- Eddie Murphy is hosting 'SNL' for the first time in 35 years - these are the characters he wants to bring back
- 20 easy food swaps to help you eat healthier
- How to make the perfect turkey curry
- Olive oil 'is better than Viagra' to boost men's ability to perform in the bedroom, scientists claim
- 4 tips for nutritious meals when you are crunched for time
- Special Dishes You Can Cook For Eid-ul-Fitr
- Where do we stand on soy?
- Barely afloat: A glimpse of life on Saigon canal
How To Prepare Heart-Healthy And Iron-Rich Buckwheat And Vegetable Khichdi have 643 words, post on www.boldsky.com at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.