A 42-year-old woman showed presence of mind by taking control of a mini bus, carrying women and children, after the driver suffered a seizure in Maharashtra’s Pune district, an official said on Saturday, January 15. A video of the incident, which took place on January 7, has gone viral on social media. The woman, Yogita Satav, was travelling with other women and children after picnicking at an agro-tourism centre in Shirur near Pune.
The driver showed signs of a seizure and stopped the vehicle in the middle of a deserted road. As the women and children in the bus started panicking and crying, Satav stepped in to take control of the wheel and drove him to a hospital.
“Since I knew how to drive a car, I decided to take charge of the bus. The first important task was to get the driver proper medical treatment. So, I drove to a nearby hospital and admitted him there,” Satav said.
The woman, who drove 10 km, also dropped the other passengers home. Satav has garnered praise from all quarters, as she showed courage in the face of crisis and didn't panic.
Watch the video here:
If you have any such stories of courage to share, please email to [email protected]
womenSarojini Naidu 143rd Birth Anniversary: Inspiring Quotes By ‘Bharat Kokila’ or ‘Nightingale Of India’
womenJosh, Paint It Red & Mash Project Come Together To Empower The Girl Child With #50Daysofschool Campaign
womenBudget 2022: FM Nirmala Sitharaman’s Elegant Bomkai Saree Defines Power In Red! Know About The Garment
art cultureCrochet Coral Reef: Crocheted Ocean Art By Christine and Margaret Wertheim To Fight Global Warming
fashion trendsMinnie Mouse Takes To Power Dressing; Disney Character To Wear Blue Pantsuit Instead Of Red Polka-Dot Dress
womenExpert Opinion: Mental Health And Behavioural Issues In Female Victims Of Violence Or Sexual Assault
womenNational Girl Child Day 2022: Date, History, Significance And Quotes
womenExpert Opinion: Maharashtra’s New Guidelines For Sensitive Handling Of Crimes Against Women & Children
womenMithali Raj And Indian Women’s Cricket Team To Quarantine In Mumbai Ahead Of Women’s World Cup 2022 Departure
womenTennis Legend Chris Evert Reveals She Has Ovarian Cancer And Is Undergoing Treatment
womenShuttler Tasnim Mir Becomes First Indian Girl To claim World No 1 Spot
offer of the dayExquisite And Stylish Watches For Women; Which One Will You Pick?
- Video Shows Frantic Rescue of Florida Woman in Sinking Car That Plunged Into Canal After Driver Suffered Seizure
- 10-Year-Old Girl Hit, Killed By School Bus In Brooklyn, Driver Charged
- A police raid, viral videos and the broken lives of Nigerian gay law suspects
- Female Uber driver says company did nothing after passengers assaulted her
- 10 lessons from Asia on how to live with a coronavirus outbreak
- 24 nursing home evacuees die in bus fire
- 50% truckers admit to driving when tired, fatigued: Report
- A woman took 550 times the usual dose of LSD, with surprisingly positive consequences
- Chaos as Flybe goes bust at 2am: Thousands of passengers are stranded and 2,000 jobs at risk as airline blames coronavirus for collapse - forcing planes to be grounded and impounded at airports across Britain
- Virus panic grips world: Astonishing moment coronavirus patient who was given the all-clear is dragged BACK into hospital during live TV interview - as first cases hit Holland and Nigeria
- Rash driving, overspeeding by private buses continue
- VIDEO: Good Samaritans Rescue Driver from Car Sinking into Canal
- Two coronavirus-infected couples reunited at Nebraska hospital - but officials say this is the LAST time they'll move spouses evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship to be together
- FOURTEEN UK patients are tested for coronavirus: Suspected victims are taken into isolation after returning from Wuhan with flu-like symptoms as Health Secretary is urged to order checks on passengers on ALL flights from China
- More than £250 billion is wiped off top UK firms' shares in a week as FTSE suffers biggest drop since 2008 financial crisis and Wall Street is hit by 1,000-point drop in the Dow amid global coronavirus panic
- Girl, 19, in 'dream state' after suffering catastrophic injuries in car crash
- Rung side of the law? Uber passengers spotted carrying a LADDER through the window of a taxi as it drives through Walsall
- The Feds Ban a Self-Driving Shuttle Fleet From Carrying People
- Mom forgets kids when driving kids to school, ends up going viral
- Drivers of expensive cars are more dangerous to pedestrians with the chances of them stopping at a zebra crossing falling by three per cent for every £800 rise in their vehicle's value
Viral Video: Woman Drives Bus For 10 Km After Driver Suffers Seizure; Takes Him To Hospital, Drops Passengers have 779 words, post on www.boldsky.com at January 16, 2022. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.