The third wave of the coronavirus pandemic has started which will peak by January-end, Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope said here on Monday.
He also said that the 14-day quarantine period has been halved to seven days.
Tope’s remarks come on a day Maharashtra reported 33,470 new Covid-19 cases and eight fatalities.
He appealed to the people to strictly follow Covid-appropriate behaviour.
“The third wave of the pandemic has started. It is expected to peak by January-end,” Tope told reporters.
He expressed concerns over many political leaders not adhering to the pandemic protocols despite the rise in cases in Maharashtra.
The health minister also appealed to political parties not to organise meetings and programmes.
Quoting an Urdu proverb, ‘Jaan hai to Jahaan hai’, Tope said that everyone needed to be safe and follow the norms.
“Due to the spike in cases, the closure of schools is necessary to protect children from coronavirus. People should support the restrictions announced by the government,” he added.
Tope said that he had spoken with Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya during a virtual meeting about the pandemic situation on Monday.
In this meeting, utilisation of funds under the ECRP 2 (Emergency Covid Response Plans) for preparedness and prevention of the pandemic was discussed, he said.
“Repairing the defunct oxygen plants and expediting administration of a booster dose, vaccination of the children between 15-18 years was also discussed,” Tope added.
He said that only four per cent of the total 17,000 oxygenated beds in Maharashtra remain occupied as of now.
healthRemain Cautious For 4-6 Weeks, Follow COVID Guidelines To Control Next Wave: Karnataka Health Minister
healthSurge Indicative Of Third Wave In India, Says COVID-19 Task Force Chief Dr NK Arora
healthThird COVID Wave Of Magnitude Comparable To First Two Unlikely To Hit India: AIIMS Director
kidsRajasthan Govt Defers Class 12 Practical Exams Due To Spike In COVID Cases
wellnessCoronavirus Loses 90% Ability To Infect After Being Exposed To Air In Just 20 Minutes: Study
wellnessPaxlovid: South Korea Gets First Supply Of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Pills; Read Details
healthWeekly Case Positivity In 300 Districts Over 5%, Don't Treat Omicron As Common Cold: Government
healthDelhi Govt To Start Online Yoga Classes For COVID-19 Patients In Home Isolation From Wednesday
healthEveryone Will Get Omicron, Boosters Won’t Stop It: Top Medical Expert
healthMolnupiravir Not To Be Included In COVID-19 Clinical Management Protocol: ICMR
healthCommon Cold T Cells May Offer Protection Against COVID-19: UK Study
healthContacts Of Confirmed COVID Cases Don’t Need To Get Tested Unless Identified As High Risk: Govt
- Pelosi vows to fight Trump 'war on health care' after surprise court filing
- Zika virus and other major outbreaks
- The Latest: Israel temporarily expels Turkish ambassador
- The Latest: Palestinian envoy recalled over US embassy move
- The Latest: Israel, Palestinians trade accusations at UN
- The Latest: Thousands in Lebanon mark Palestinian 'nakba'
- The Latest: US envoy to UN: Israel acted with 'restraint'
- The Latest: UN chief calls for political solution for Gaza
- Laboratories – 2015 Year in Review [VIDEO]
- Energy and Environment Update for May 11, 2015
- Africa Update for October 2015
- Energy and Environment Update - March 4, 2012
- Washed Away: As Sea Levels Rise, Island Nations Look to the Law to Fend off Extinction
- President Trump misses LGBTQ Pride Month — again
- Some Dem reportedly fear Hillary Clinton's 'kiss of death' for the midterms
- Hillary Clinton: 'Just because I’m not running, I’m not going to keep my mouth shut'
- The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 and Anticipated Medicare and Medicaid Payment Reforms
- Africa Update OCTOBER 22, 2015
- Alliance leader Naomi Long party conference address [Full Text]
- 12 Days of Tennis: New Year’s resolutions
Third Wave Of COVID Has Begun, Will Peak By January End: Maharashtra Health Minister have 623 words, post on www.boldsky.com at January 11, 2022. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.