Even today, we live in a society where tradition and rituals outline the existence of a girl child to a great extent. There are families who do not want to give birth to daughters, kill them in the wombs or raise them to their full potential. As a result, we witness an adverse sex ratio which is a simple product of a patriarchal mindset.
This means a girl child’s struggle starts even before the day she is conceived. We all know that female foeticide is a heinous and worrying practice and even though it is illegal to practice in India, cheap ultrasound and abortion technologies allow families to exercise there preference for male child over female child. This sums up that a a girl is ‘lucky’ if she is allowed to be born. But what we fail to understand is that when we save a girl, we save generations!
The inequality itself poses a great threat to a girl child’s progress which includes areas like education, nutrition, jobs, legal rights, medical care and so much more. Therefore, an initiative – National Girl Child Day or Rashtriya Balika Diwas – was launched in 2008, by the Ministry of Women and Child Development and the Indian government to celebrate daughters and create awareness about girls’ experiences in society.
When is National Girl Child Day Celebrated?
On 24 January 2009, for the first time National Girl Child Day was celebrated. This day is marked by organising numerous awareness campaigns and events. Apart from that many schemes and laws were also implemented to put an end to discrimination against a girl child and that they can be seen as equal to sons. This day also hopes to encourage and empower the daughters of this county.
National Girl Child Day 2022: Theme
Every year a new theme is associated with the National Girl Child Day. The theme of Girl’s Day in the year 2020 was ‘My voice, our common future’. The theme of Girl Child Day 2021 was ‘Digital Generation, Our Generation’. The theme of the year 2022 Girl’s Day has not been announced.
National Girl Child Day: History And Significance
In 1996, Indira Gandhi became the first woman Prime Minister of India on 24 January which makes it an important day in the Indian history and speaks volumes about the empowerment of women. Therefore, this special day is marked as the National Girl Child Day in this country.
This day holds immense significance because it makes people aware of the discrimination faced by a girl child in society and also make a girl child understand her rights in this country. Awareness programs and initiatives such as the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao / Save the Girl Child, Educate the Girl Child campaign, Beti Zindabaad, etc. are also organised by state governments to close the gender gap and give every girl child the equal opportunity to grow, have dreams and fulfill them.
According to a report in Business Standard, India’s overall sex ratio, which means women per thousand men is now at a level seen in developed countries. For every 1,000 men, India has 1,020 women, says fifth National Family Health Survey (NFHS) data. If that’s a reason to celebrate, there is a cause for concern, too, since the sex ratio at birth continues to be lower than what is naturally expected, mentioned this report.
National Girl Child Day 2022: Quotes, Slogans and Messages
- ‘Little girls with dreams become women with vision’. Happy National Girl Child Day!
- ‘A world without girl is as impossible as a world without water’. Happy National Girl Child Day!
- ‘Baby girls are like flowers forever in bloom!’ Happy National Girl Child Day!
- ‘Save the girl child if you want to save the future of this country’. Happy National Girl Child Day!
- Don’t let life end, before it even begins. Save Girl Child!
- An educated woman has the power to educate the whole family.
- No girl, no mother and ultimately no life. Save Girl Child!
- A girl child brings joy, she is no less than a boy.
- ‘When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.’ – Michelle Obama
- ‘A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.’ – Coco Chanel.
If you have a daughter, don’t forget to make her feel special on the occasion.
Happy National Girl Child Day!
lifeNational Girl Child Day 2021: History And Significance Of This Day
womenNational Girl Child Day 2022: 10 Quotes That Will Empower You
womenJosh, Paint It Red & Mash Project Come Together To Empower The Girl Child With #50Daysofschool Campaign
womenBudget 2022: FM Nirmala Sitharaman’s Elegant Bomkai Saree Defines Power In Red! Know About The Garment
art cultureCrochet Coral Reef: Crocheted Ocean Art By Christine and Margaret Wertheim To Fight Global Warming
fashion trendsMinnie Mouse Takes To Power Dressing; Disney Character To Wear Blue Pantsuit Instead Of Red Polka-Dot Dress
womenExpert Opinion: Mental Health And Behavioural Issues In Female Victims Of Violence Or Sexual Assault
womenExpert Opinion: Maharashtra’s New Guidelines For Sensitive Handling Of Crimes Against Women & Children
womenMithali Raj And Indian Women’s Cricket Team To Quarantine In Mumbai Ahead Of Women’s World Cup 2022 Departure
womenTennis Legend Chris Evert Reveals She Has Ovarian Cancer And Is Undergoing Treatment
womenViral Video: Woman Drives Bus For 10 Km After Driver Suffers Seizure; Takes Him To Hospital, Drops Passengers
womenShuttler Tasnim Mir Becomes First Indian Girl To claim World No 1 Spot
- Happy Ram Navami 2020: History, Significance, Wishes, Quotes, Greetings on this auspicious day
- College Football in Coronavirus Quarantine: On this day in CFT history
- How feasible is to have a 48-team World Cup in 2022?
- Navigating child custody in the time of coronavirus
- Bob Dylan’s Uncomfortable History With Accepting Awards
- Apocalypses are more than the stuff of fiction — First Nations Australians survived one
- Sheridan Smith pictured with new boyfriend Graham Nation
- What are the odds? Legendary Grand National horse race to take place virtually
- Coronavirus across the nation
- Brother of Cheryl Grimmer sentenced to three years behind bars for child sex offences
- Mahavir Jayanti 2020: Know About The History And Significance Of This Festival In Detail
- The Batman Release Date "Likely" to Be Delayed Due to Coronavirus Shutdown
- This bonfire of the A-levels is torching our culture and history
- Overseas worker to be on next flight home to Vanuatu after indecently assaulting child
- Myleene Klass, 41, jokes she will end up with a FOURTH child in lockdown with partner Simon Motson… as she credits ironing and playing the piano with three stone post-baby weight loss
- What the author of 'The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History' can teach us about coronavirus
- Four-year-old migrant girl and mother in emotional reunion in Sicily
- Fury as bins overflow with OUT-OF-DATE food after being bought in coronavirus frenzy with droves of shoppers forming outside supermarkets as UK death toll leaps by 260 in a single day to hit 1,019
- Kmart child molester no longer eligible for parole
- April Fools’ Day 2020: Know About The History And Significance
National Girl Child Day 2022: Date, History, Significance And Quotes have 1190 words, post on www.boldsky.com at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.