The January transfer window looks increasingly likely to be about what players leave Manchester United rather than arrive.
Interim manager Ralf Rangnick has a big squad of players to work with and while there is obvious class in a number of areas, there are holes to fill and balances to strike.
With that in mind, it would appear the aim mid-season is to ensure the squad is in as strong a shape as possible for the end of the campaign. As of yet, it’s unclear what that entails in relation to sales.
Daily Star Sport has your latest United transfer speculation.
Fred expects Cavani stay
Speaking to ESPN Brasil (h/t Sport Witness ), Manchester United midfielder Fred said he doens’t expect Edinson Cavani to move on this month.
Following the arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer, Cavani has fallen down the pecking order in the centre-forward positions at Old Trafford and he has been tipped to make a move to Brazilian club Corinthians as a result.
But Fred said he has spoken to the Uruguayan about those links and Cavani said he was going nowhere.
“The other day I joked with him, saying that I had heard something about Corinthians,” the Brazilian noted. “I said Corinthians, I played with him. He just laughed. He said he still has a contract to fulfil.”
Should Cavani have had more minutes at United this season? Let us know in the comments section !
Rangnick wants ‘fantastic’ Henderson to stay
Rangnick has said he wants Dean Henderson to stay at United despite his lack of minutes this season.
At the end of the previous term, Henderson and David De Gea appeared to be in an even fight for the starting goalkeeper spot at Old Trafford. However, the latter was given the nod this season and has been in excellent form.
As a result, there has been speculation aplenty regarding a possible move away for Henderson.
“I told him that I would like him to stay because he is a fantastic goalkeeper,” said the German, per Sky Sports .
“I would really like to have him on board… I can fully understand that he wants to play because he is at an age where, as a goalkeeper, you should regularly play, but on the other hand, we are still in three competitions, and therefore we need the two and three goalkeepers we have right now.”
Van de Beek conversation revealed
Rangnick has confirmed he has spoken to Donny van de Beek about his future at United and that he advised the Dutch playmaker to hang fire on a transfer.
Van de Beek has found minutes challenging to come by since making his move from Ajax in the summer of 2020 and Rangnick’s arrival has done little to improve his fortunes in terms of minutes.
The Dutchman has only played 20 minutes of football under the new boss, but he’s said he wants him to stick around until the summer, per Sky Sports .
“I had a conversation with him a few weeks ago after training… I told him that I would advise him to stay until the end of the season,” he said. “And then, of course, with the World Cup coming up in the winter, he wants to play in the World Cup for his country.”
- Man Utd ‘willing to offer Donny van de Beek to Roma in swap transfer for Nicolo Zaniolo’ after flop first season
- Man Utd sent counter-offer by Borussia Dortmund after opening Jadon Sancho bid rejected
- Man Utd to be offered Cristiano Ronaldo in swap deal with Paulo Dybala transfer option
- Man Utd star Donny van de Beek 'offers himself to Barcelona'
- Man Utd target Cristiano Ronaldo 'holds Allegri showdown talks' with roadmap laid bare
- Jadon Sancho wages: How much star will earn if 'five-year Man Utd contract' is signed
- Raphael Varane's Man Utd shirt number options as Red Devils submit transfer bid
- Man Utd could finalise £86m Sancho transfer ‘next week’, Keylor Navas tracked, £10m Trippier ‘close’, Henderson injury
- Man Utd could demand two players in Barcelona transfer swap for Donny van de Beek
- West Ham's Jesse Lingard transfer stance good news for Man Utd pursuit of Erling Haaland
- Man Utd leading transfer races for two key Solskjaer targets - with third arrival possible
- Man Utd could swap two players for Raphael Varane after opening transfer bid rejected
- Man Utd 'make £50m Raphael Varane bid' but Real Madrid hit back with counter offer
- Man Utd handed Kingsley Coman transfer blow as Bayern Munich boss makes decision
- Man Utd shirt numbers Jadon Sancho could wear after Red Devils 'submit £59.5m opening bid'
- Roy Keane blasts Son Heung-min and Man Utd star for 'embarrassing' antics in ruthless rant
- Man Utd have four stars who could help to fix £20m Jadon Sancho transfer dilemma
- Transfer news LIVE: Werner Chelsea announcement, Grealish to Man Utd, Tottenham decision
- Man Utd may have found their perfect Harry Kane and Erling Haaland transfer alternative
- Man Utd legend Sir Alex Ferguson gives Solskjaer seal of approval for top transfer target
Fred on Cavani's Man Utd future, Rangnick offers Van de Beek and Henderson update have 824 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.