India has delivered around 70.70 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to 95 countries till November 22 and out of these, 12.7 million doses were given to 47 nations by the federal government, Union minister Jitendra Singh stated on Friday. He stated the remaining 58 million have been provided by the Serum Institute of India beneath its business and COVAX obligations.
Minister for Science and Technology Singh, who chaired the ninth BRICS Science and Technology Ministers meet held on Friday, referred to as for working in the direction of rightful place for BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) within the Global Innovation Index, and this he stated could be achieved by way of additional strengthening the cooperation within the area of Science, Technology and Innovation.
During his interventions in several periods, Singh knowledgeable that India beneath the “Vaccine Maitri” initiative is offering COVID-19 vaccines to countries all over the world.
“As of November 22, 2021, India had delivered around 70.70 million doses of vaccines to 95 countries and out of these, 12.7 million doses were given to 47 countries by the government. The remaining 58 million were supplied by the Serum Institute of India under its commercial and COVAX obligations,” he added.
Singh stated BRICS countries should come collectively and innovate cost-effective, reasonably priced, accessible, sustainable and scalable scientific options, as they face many comparable and distinctive challenges.
He stated BRICS is dwelling on 41 per cent of the world inhabitants with a growing share of this consisting of youth and added that the potential exhibited by younger scientists should get its rightful place within the world environment.
Zhang Guangjun, Vice Minister of Science and Technology, China; Bonginkosi Emmanuel Nzimande, Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology, South Africa; Marcos Pontes, Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation, Brazil and Natalya Bocharova, Deputy Minister of Science and Higher Education, Russia and senior officers from BRICS countries attended the meet and adopted the agenda.
Acknowledging that India has obtained full cooperation from all BRICS companions throughout its Chairship, Singh underlined that 2021 is a vital landmark 12 months in BRICS Cooperation because the grouping accomplished 15 years.
Singh stated that the Covid pandemic offered a chance to perceive that world cooperation was the one approach ahead in assuaging such world challenges and through this era, we expanded intra-BRICS cooperation by strengthening preparedness and response to the pandemic.
Read more about: covid 19 vaccines
- Make-in-India drone ferries COVID vaccines in Manipur, a first in South Asia
- PM to launch COVID vaccination drive on Jan 16 at 10.30 am
- How Did Boris Johnson Get Covid Vaccines So Right?
- Covid vaccines to be ‘compulsory’ for ALL frontline NHS workers under new Government plans ‘to protect most vulnerable’
- California to become first state to require Covid vaccines for schoolchildren
- On Vaccines, It’s Tightrope Walk for India Balancing Quad Promise and Jabs for Own Citizens
- COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker: Over 73.76 lakh doses given on October 2
- India’s 70% adult population administered first dose of COVID-19 vaccine: Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya
- 'India delivers a punch to Corona': Daily COVID vaccination crosses 1 crore mark for 5th time
- India witnesses lowest rise in daily COVID-19 cases in 209 days, active count declines further
- COVAX aims to deliver 520 mln vaccine doses to Africa this year
- India logs 18,132 new coronavirus infections, the lowest in 215 days
- Centre allows export of ‘Made in India’ Sputnik Light COVID-19 vaccine to Russia
- Covid jabs at home for the disabled: Govt
- India: School reopenings signal return to normalcy after COVID catastrophe
- European Union opts not to renew AstraZeneca vaccines contract after supply row
- India records 22,842 new COVID-19 cases, 244 deaths in last 24 hours
- Coronavirus Update | Active COVID-19 cases in country lowest in 206 days
- Over 96 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in India: Govt
- Canada imposes Covid-19 vaccine mandate on federal workers, transportation
India Delivered 70.70 Million Doses Of Covid Vaccines To 95 Countries Till Nov 22: Union Minister Jitendra Sin have 656 words, post on www.boldsky.com at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.