Updated 1028 GMT (1828 HKT) October 5, 2021
(CNN) The raids started after midnight in Xinjiang .
“Everyone uses different methods. Some even use a wrecking bar, or iron chains with locks.” Jiang, former Chinese detective
“The so-called genocide in Xinjiang is nothing but a rumor backed by ulterior motives and an outright lie.” Zhao Lijian, Chinese foreign ministry spokesman
‘Everyone needs to hit a target’
‘Some are just psychopaths’
“Some people see this as a job, some are just psychopaths.” Jiang, former Chinese detective
‘They hung us up and beat us’
“They hung us up and beat us on the thigh, on the hips with wooden torches, with iron whips.” Omir Bekali, former Xinjiang detainee
‘I am guilty’
- “If I speak out, they will torture my family”: voices of Uyghurs in exile
- Meet the artist behind Enes Kanter's anti-Beijing shoes
- Enes Kanter Won't Back Down: Saudi King Is a Fake Muslim for Not Boycotting China
- An ‘Early Test Case’ for a China-Led World
- China’s Prisons Swell After Deluge of Arrests Engulfs Muslims
- What Happened to Matt Taibbi?
- China’s American Surveillance State
- Navalny, Putin’s Imprisoned Foe, Wins E.U.’s Top Human Rights Award
- An Enemy of the Kremlin Dies in London
- More than 600m tourists travelled in China last week, but it has fewer new local COVID cases than Australia
- Aaron Pajich walked into a real-life horror movie at killer's house
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: Sept. 22-23
- The Best Thrillers on Netflix Right Now (October 2021) | Digital Trends
- Exclusive interview: Tom Williams - 10 years on from Bloodgate: 'It is in every waking thought that I have'
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 19
- China panic as 'serious' Covid outbreak declared – emergency measures introduced
- China has a lot riding on the long-awaited WHO probe — but so does Australia
- Where Conspiracy Reigns
- 'You f***ing rat!' Screams of Alesha MacPhail mum at teen killer as he gets 27 years
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: June 20-21
'Some are just psychopaths': Chinese detective in exile reveals extent of torture against Uyghurs have 2729 words, post on edition.cnn.com at October 4, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.