Parivartini Ekadashi will fall on 17 September this year. On this day devotees of Lord Vishnu observe fast and pay their respect to his Vamana Avatar. The day is known as Parivarthan because on this day, Lord Vishnu, who is in the Yogic sleep state (Yoga Nidra), changes his posture (parivartan).
Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Date
According to the Hindu Calendar, the festival is celebrated on the Ekadashi Tithi of Bhadrapada, Shukla Paksha (eleventh day during the waxing phase of the Lunar fortnight in the month of Bhadrapada). This year Parivarthi Ekadashi falls on 17 September, Friday.
Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Puja Timing
Parsva Ekadashi will begin on on Friday, September 17, 2021. On 18 September, Parana Time will be from 06:07 am to 06:54 am.
Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: History And Significance
Several stories and legends have been associated with Parivartini Ekadashi. Devotees believe that this auspicious day dates back to Treta Yuga, when Prahlad’s grandson King Mahabali (popularly known as Bali), ruled the three worlds (Deva Loka, Prithvi Loka and Patala Loka). Even though he was a demon (Asura), he worshipped Lord Vishnu.
Legend has it that once in a battle Bali defeated Lord Indra (the King of Devas) and became the undisputed leader or King. This led to a debate among the Devas who knew that the destruction of creation was inevitable under the rule of the Asuras. Therefore, a decision was made and the Devals pleaded Lord Vishnu to intervene and retrieve Deva Loka and Prithvi Loka from Bali’s control.
Bali is known to be a generous king and devotee of Vishu, and therefore, Lord Vishnu decided to test his devotion. So, Lord Vishnu changed into his firth avatar , Vamana (a dwarf) and appeared in Bali’s court. After he greeted King Bali, Vamana asked if Bali can give him a small piece of land and the King readily agreed.
But, Bali’s guru Shukracharya learnt that Lord Vishnu has disguised himself as Vamana and therefore, he cautioned Bali against the trick, but the latter decided to keep his word. Therefore, Vamana took the first step and covered the earth; with his second step, he occupied the skies; and wondered where to place the third step. When Bali realised that it was none other than Vishnu, he conceded defeat and offered his head. In the end, Lord Vishu placed his foot on Bali’s head and sent him to Patala Loka.
Eventually, Bali realised that Vamana was none other than Lord Vishnu. So he conceded defeat and offered his head. In the end, Lord Vishnu placed his foot on Bali’s head and sent him to Patala Loka (netherworld).
- Where Do Music Festivals Go Now?
- The Overlook Film Festival haunts New Orleans with tigers, punks, and a new
- Black History Month events around NY
- Cases could be delayed to 2021 without increase in Court of Appeal judges - Chief Justice
- Will Ford have completely self-driving car by 2021?
- ABS seeks vendor to deliver 2021 Census in the cloud
- Volkswagen's Electric Revolution Could Begin In 2021
- Summer festivals in the Milwaukee area in 2017
- Coachella: See more than 100 photos of the biggest art pieces over the festival’s history
- Kickstarter to end Drip, fund new platform with XOXO festival creators
- All-star festival weekend brings country's Brad Paisley, pop star Ariana Grande, jazz master Robert Glasper and more to New York
- Discovery of Ancient Spearpoints in Texas Has Some Archaeologists Questioning the History of Early Americas
- Day of the Dead history: Ritual dates back 3,000 years and is still evolving
- Bonita Springs church celebrates Harvest Festival's 20th anniversary
- Minnesota’s Big Island Rendezvous brings early American history to life
- Maple sap is flowing in Wisconsin — help turn it into syrup at these workshops and festivals
- Smaller, younger crowd for Firefly Music Festival '17
- Saturday's Literacy Festival offers freebies, advice, screenings
- From 'It' to Unreal: Film Festival focuses on hot horror genre
- Looking back at Great American Beer Festival 2018, a sudsy crystal ball into the beers of tomorrow
Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Date, History And Significance Of This Festival have 675 words, post on www.boldsky.com at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.