The number of people who have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine in India and the number who have completed the vaccination schedule in the country is the highest in the world, the Union Health Ministry said.
According to an e-book on COVID-19 vaccination uploaded on the ministry’s website on Tuesday, 62.54 per cent doses of the vaccines have been administered in vaccination centres in rural areas, while 36.30 per cent were given in urban areas.A total of 73.44 lakh doses (approximately 1.16 per cent) have been administered at CVCs not tagged as rural/urban.
Also, till September, 52.5 per cent of the total doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered to men, 47.5 per cent to women and approximately 0.02 per cent to the ‘Other’ gender.
Presently, about 60.7 per cent of the adult population in the country has received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, the ministry said.
” The number of people who have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine in India and the number of people who have completed the vaccination schedule is the highest in the world ,” the ministry claimed in the Ebook.
The average rate of vaccinations in India is amongst the highest in the world, it said.
Over 181 million beneficiaries have been administered both doses of vaccines compared to 178 million in the US.
One hundred per cent of the frontline workers have received the first dose, while 81.1 per cent of eligible frontline workers have taken the second dose.
Also, 98.8 per cent of healthcare workers have been administered the first dose of the vaccines, while 84.7 per cent of eligible healthcare workers have taken the second dose
All efforts are underway and regular monitoring of the National COVID-19 Vaccination Programme is being done to ensure that there is no disparity in access to vaccination for beneficiaries based on any socio-economic parameter, the ministry said.
India started COVID-19 vaccination from January 16. Day 1 witnessed vaccination of the highest number of beneficiaries covered anywhere in the world. India’s vaccination drive has also been the fastest in the world to achieve 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10 million vaccinations.
More than 751 COVID-19 vaccination doses have been administered in India which is amongst the highest in the world, as of September 13.
Around 244,310 COVID-19 Vaccination Centres (CVCs) are functional in the country providing equitable access to vaccination in a citizen-friendly manner. All citizens, irrespective of their income status, are entitled to free vaccination. Those who have the ability to pay are encouraged to use private hospital’s vaccination centres.
In the spirit of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (World as one family), the Government of India facilitated the supply of 66.37 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to 95 countries as grants and supplies to COVAX facility etc, the ministry stated.
- Could a new flu jab made in dogs' kidney cells be the most effective ever?
- Why are so many people still dying from snake bites?
- The race to stamp out malaria along the Bhutan-India border
- WHO: 1 billion people suffer from preventable eye conditions
- Where will the world's next Zika, West Nile or dengue come from? Scientists release a series of 'hot-spot' maps to warn of the regions most likely to harbour killer viruses
- Flu jab for primary school children
- The flu jab saves lives. This is a fact worth spreading
- I wish I'd given my boys the triple jab: A frank mea culpa from JUSTINE HANCOCK, a mother who regrets being scared off by a fraudulent study that linked the injection to autism
- Is the pill past its sell-by date? There are now 15 types of female contraception - from a 12-week jab to copper beads - suggesting the once-a-day pill may become obsolete after almost 60 years
- 'One of the best decisions I ever made': US Navy veteran who got a groundbreaking penis transplant after losing his in an Afghanistan blast says he is finally getting sensation back
- Time to think about booking your ‘flu’ jab
- India moves to ban sale of e-cigarettes
- India built 110M toilets. But will people use them?
- DR MAX THE MIND DOCTOR: Life is tough - but we can ALL learn to help ourselves to better mental health
- Thousands in Chanda to receive health care support to tackle COPD
- THE SHINING SUN’S POSITIVE INFLUENCE ON THE LIVES OF WORLD HUMANITY
- World Mental Health Day 2019: Focus on suicide prevention
- India to overtake China as the world's most populous country: UN
- Life lessons from the native tribe with the healthiest hearts in the world
- Is India winning the war on poverty?
No Of People Who Got At Least One Jab In India Highest In World: Health Ministry have 921 words, post on www.boldsky.com at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.