The Met Gala , one of the glitziest, showiest black tie events in the fashion calendar, is back for 2021 after a year out due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The annual Metropolitan Museum of Art's ball forms part of the Costume Institute's exploration of the nation's sartorial identity.
Guests are invited to put their own spin on the theme which has created some incredible looks at galas gone by, with the likes of Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Billy Porter absolutely killing it on the red carpet.
The Met Gala is typically held on the first Monday in May, but was pushed back to play it safe during the global health crisis.
Fingers crossed 2021 is going to deliver up more buzzworthy moments from he biggest celebrity names.
What is the Met Gala and what is this year's theme?
The theme for this year is 'In America: A Lexicon of Fashion', honouring the 75th anniversary of the Costume Institute of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
It is intended as an exploration of fashion made in the States.
Institute curator Andrew Bolton told Vogue that American fashion should be celebrated as it is 'undergoing a Renaissance'.
When is the Met Gala 2021 and where is it being held?
The gala takes place today, Monday September 13, and will be held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.
In August organisers revealed attendees will need to show proof of vaccination against Covid-19 and wear masks indoors apart from eating and drinking.
Which celebrities have attended previously?
Rihanna – who is hosting a Met Gala after party – is one of the most celebrated stars of the Met Gala, with the likes of Kim Kardashian, Kendall Jenner and Harry Styles on the guest list previously.
Lady Gaga has attended, and hosted in 2019 when the theme was Camp: Notes on Fashion.
Zendaya, Katy Perry, Cardi B, Chadwick Boseman, Kylie Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Jared Leto, Benedict Cumberbatch and Rami Malek have all attended in the past.
Where can I watch the Met Gala in the UK and what time will it air?
You can watch all the action from the Met Gala on Vogue.com , where the event is being livestreamed, and the official Twitter page.
The stars will start to arrive at 5.30pm EST (which is 10.30pm BST).
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Met Gala 2021 is finally happening! Here are all the deets
- The Met Gala Set To Return In September 2021, Report Claims Amanda Gorman May Host
- Met Gala 2019: The theme, the location, plus everything you need to know
- Met Gala to Resume In-Person in September 2021 and May 2022
- Met Gala Postponed Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
- The Met Gala Returns With a Two-Part American Fashion Celebration
- Met Gala returning with 2021 show after canceling last year due to the coronavirus pandemic
- Ugadi 2021 date, time, significance, celebrations and other details
- Paramount+: Everything You Need To Know, Including A Limited-Time Discount
- Gudi Padwa 2021: The Rituals And Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Tesco Easter 2021 opening hours: What time is Tesco open on Good Friday?
- Disney Plus: Everything to know, including movies, shows, and price hikes to come
- Disney Plus: Everything to know, including price hikes hitting tomorrow
- Disney Plus: Everything to know, including movies, shows and prices
- Oscars 2021 live stream: date, time and how to watch 93rd Academy Awards online from anywhere
- Oscars 2021: Start time, how to watch without cable, nominations
- Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren: Start time, how to watch, weigh-ins and full fight card
- Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren is now live: Main event start time, how to watch and full fight card
- UFC 260 Miocic vs. Ngannou: Start time, how to watch or stream online, full fight card
- UFC 261 Usman vs. Masvidal: Start time, how to watch or stream online and full fight card
Met Gala 2021: What you need to know including time, theme, celebrities, and how to watch in the UK have 729 words, post on metro.co.uk at September 13, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.