The Met Gala 2021 saw plenty of celebrities take the iconic Met steps in the most stylish way. The gala also saw Indian representation through philanthropist Sudha Reddy, who walked the red carpet marking her debut at the international fashion event.
Sudha Reddy opted for a custom Falguni And Shane Peacock ensemble, created in parity with this year’s Met Gala theme – “American Independence.” The sequined ensemble had a four-metre-long train designed with special attention to incorporating the colours of the American flag blue, red and white. The dress also used black and golden colours.
Sudha Reddy’s shimmery look was accentuated by a statement ear-cuff by Farah Khan Ali. “It takes an army,” wrote Sudha Reddy while prepping for the Met Gala.
Talking about why she chose to work with Indian designers she wrote in a post, “Can’t wait to share this masterpiece of Indian craftsmanship with the world,” tagging Falguni And Shane Peacock.
For the unversed, Suddha is the wife of a Hyderabad-based business tycoon Megha Krishna Reddy. She is known as a supporter of the fine arts as well as for her charitable disposition. Sudha Reddy was the only Indian to be invited to the Global Gift Gala and nominated for The Global Gift Empowerment Of Women Award.
Meanwhile, some of the other A-listers at the event were Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Lil Nas X, Lili Reinheart, Zeke Palmer, Timothee Chalamet, Billie Eilish, Justin Bieber, Hailey Baldwin, Kendall and Kris Jenne, Kim Kardashian, Ben Affleck and more.
- From bridal to street style, here are the best looks of 2018
- Bebe Rexha's Grammys 2019 dress was the best revenge on every designer who said she was 'too big'
- Chinese New Year fashion collections: Ring in the Year of the Pig with Gucci, Dior, Moschino and other designers
- The cultural moments that defined 2018
- Meghan Markle named on Vogue’s list of best-dressed stars 2018 – while Kate Middleton misses out
- 2018's Emerging Style Icons: The fierce and incredible women who've shaped our fashion choices
- Who's buying couture in 2019?
- Black tie dress code for men and women: The rules for black and white tie events decoded
- Meghan's borrowed yellow diamond earrings were worth up to £500,000
- J Lo just wore the biggest dress of 2018
- Glimpse inside Glenda Gilson's home as she chats motherhood, maternity leave and Trump
- They've got stylists on tap, so how did these stars get it SO wrong?
- 50 best holidays for 2019: Get your trips started here!
Met Gala 2021: Sudha Reddy Looks Glamorous At The Red Carpet In Design By Falguni And Shane Peacock have 431 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.