WAs usual, the Met Gala event brought the biggest of celebrities in their complete glory on to the walking carpet.
Billie Eilish went full glam in a huge peach ball gown at the pandemic-delayed Met Gala on Monday night, while fellow host of the evening Amanda Gorman was breathtaking in cobalt blue custom Vera Wang with a diamond laurel wreath in her hair.
Rihanna, ever the Met Gala queen, showed up late in a huge black Balenciaga look and hat accompanied by A$ap Rocky in a multi-coloured quilted coat from ERL. She wore over 267 carats of Bulgari diamonds, including two choker necklaces.
Co-host Timothee Chalamet raced onto Fifth Avenue to take selfies with fans before walking up the steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Art for his entrance after a marching band and gymnast Nia Dennis kicked off the long-awaited evening.
Last year’s gala was canceled due to the pandemic. This year’s official theme of the fundraiser for the museum’s Costume Institute was 'American Independence', leaving plenty of room for interpretation.
Just ask Lil Nas X, who did a Lady Gaga-esque strip tease on the carpet in gold Versace, from cape to armour to embellished jumpsuit.
Eilish, the belle of the ball, wore Oscar de la Renta.
Chalamet had Converse sneakers on his feet but Cartier diamonds on his look. Chalamet called his outfit, including Rick Owens sweatpants, “a bit of everything”, just like America.
Alfonso Navas, the fashion editor for Esquire, lauded his fashion choices as “a smart play on the theme by interpreting American icons in sportwear.”
Gorman’s dress, which included more than 3,000 hand-sewn crystals, was made to evoke a starry night sky. She told Vogue she felt like Lady Liberty, reimagined. Her crown, the star poet said, was a nod to publishing.
Another of the hosts, Naomi Osaka, wanted to celebrate all her cultures–Japan, Haitian and the US–and picked a Louis Vuitton gown designed in collaboration with her sister, Mari Osaka.
However, all the precision taken by the guests couldn't avoid the wrath of the social media.
Here are some of the best reactions:
— Predictions (@ppredictors) September 14, 2021
— Miguel (@FormulaMiguel) September 13, 2021
im so sorry but i just cannot get over kim’s met gala fit meme pic.twitter.com/XyquQiQHug
— msh (@Mishra4442) September 14, 2021
Kim Kardashian: I now declare the Met Gala Memes ’21 Open! pic.twitter.com/4DJJ5IknKp
— Ramki (@ramkid) September 14, 2021
Me: I really don't care about #MetGala
— Heather Monahan (@HeatherMonahan_) September 14, 2021
— Ada晓敏 (@GraceChieke) September 14, 2021
— roo (@here4agoodtimex) September 14, 2021
(With inputs from PTI)
- Kim Kardashian Brings Back Cher Hair for Trip to Music Legend's Las Vegas Show
- Kim Kardashian Debuts Fragrance Bottle Inspired by her Naked Form After Kanye West's Twitter Spree
- Everything to Know About Kim Kardashian's Complex Relationship with the White House — and Her Dinner with Jared & Ivanka
- Kanye West Raps About Kim Kardashian West Leaving Him, Bipolar Disorder in 7-Track Album
- Heart-shaped bagels, collages, hundreds of roses and VERY vain wrapping paper... stars including Kim Kardashian, Tamara Ecclestone and the Beckhams pull out ALL the stops for Valentine's Day
- Kanye West receives flak for letting elevators close shut on Kim Kardashian's face
- Kylie Jenner tries on luxurious honey blonde hairdo... DAYS after calling out Kim Kardashian for trying to pass off her light wig as dye
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Awkward Kiss-Cam Moment Has Fans Flipping: See the Best Reactions
- Baaghi 3 song Dus Bahane 2.0 inspires hilarious memes: ‘Why is Tiger Shroff showing 5 fingers in song called Dus Bahane?’
- The Best Comics of 2016 (So Far)
- Kourtney Kardashian hits back at Khloe claiming she 'ditched' her on Oscar night after Khloe said Kourtney 'ruined' her time as they trade playful jabs on social media
- Khloe Kardashian poses alongside daughter True at breakfast table with giant teddy bear and a pink Elmo... as she captions snap with 'Great morning!'
- Who is Blac Chyna? The Former Miami Stripper-Turned-Entrepreneur Rob Kardashian Can't Stop Crying Over
- Jameela Jamil SLAMS Khloe Kardashian for sharing 'sad' weight loss quote as she accuses her of being in a 'prison of self critique'
- Kanye West Continues Twitter-Spree, Explains Firing Team: ‘I Can’t Be Managed’
- Best women’s puffer jackets: from fashion statements to waterproof and padded coats
- Octavia Spencer Is Holding a Contest for the Best Ma Memes
- Sean 'Diddy' Combs Lays Ex-Girlfriend Kim Porter to Rest in Her Georgia Hometown
- 'Best All-Star Game ever': New format breathes fresh life into NBA showcase
- Pro-Trump meme king Carpe Donktum explains his medium: 'Hate is poison to comedy'
Met Gala 2021: Kim Kardashian inspires best memes and Twitter reactions have 843 words, post on zeenews.india.com at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.