Fashion's biggest night out is finally here, with the Met Gala 2021 taking place in September rather than its traditional May date.
Stars among the likes of Rihanna , Billie Eilish , Emma Raducanu and Timothée Chalamet will be gracing the red carpet, wearing elegant ensembles inspired by the theme 'In America: A Lexicon of Fashion'.
While it is seen as a huge honour for A-listers to be invited to the Met Gala by Vogue US editor Anna Wintour, there are several who will not be in attendance at this year's event, for various reasons.
Fans will undoubtedly be disappointed by the celebrities who are missing out on the night and therefore won't be donning show-stopping outfits at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.
From Nicki Minaj to Kylie Jenner, here are the celebrities who will be no-shows at the event.
After pulling out of her VMAs performance at the last minute last week, Nicki has now revealed to fans that she will also not be at tonight's Met Gala.
In a tweet, Nicki explained that her reason for not being at the sartorial spectacle was due to the requirement to have received the Covid-19 vaccine in advance.
'They want you to get vaccinated for the Met. if I get vaccinated it won't for the Met. It'll be once I feel I've done enough research. I'm working on that now. In the meantime my loves, be safe. Wear the mask with 2 strings that grips your head & face. Not that loose one,' she said.
Hours before the Met Gala was due to begin, Kylie shared a post on her Instagram Story, writing: 'I'm so sad I couldn't make it this year. I can't wait to see all the looks.'
Before making her announcement, Kylie shared several pictures of herself at previous Met Galas over the years wearing a series of stunning looks.
Kylie recently announced that she is expecting her second baby with Travis Scott, sharing a heartfelt pregnancy video on Instagram.
Spider-Man: No Way Home star Zendaya, who often delivers some of the most unforgettable outfits on the Met Gala red carpet, confirmed she will not be attending this year's event.
Zendaya, who recently posed up a storm at the Venice Film Festival, confirmed that she wouldn't be able to make it as she's filming Euphoria.
During an interview promoting her latest film Dune, she said: 'I will be on Euphoria. I know that this is the first time you're gonna hear that I'm not going.
'My fans are going to be very upset with me. I will unfortunately not be able to attend because I will be working on Euphoria.'
While Selena Gomez has not spoken out herself about not attending the 2021 Met Gala, it's been reported that she will not be at the event.
The report came from her make-up artist Hung Vanngo , who said over the weekend that she wouldn't make an appearance.
The Only Murders in the Building star was also spotted in Los Angeles late last week, a far distance away from New York, where the Met Gala is taking place.
Sarah Jessica Parker
Despite her reputation for upping the fashion stakes on Sex and the City – and the upcoming reboot And Just Like That… – Sarah Jessica Parker will apparently not be at the Met Gala this year.
According to her friend Andy Cohen, who spoke to Access Hollywood , she will be too busy filming the highly-anticipated sequel series.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Kylie Jenner dresses daughter Stormi up in her 'campy' lavender Met Gala look complete with wig for Halloween: 'I can't handle this!'
- Kendall Jenner Jokes She's ''Fighting'' Kylie Jenner After Her Sister Poses With Fai Khadra
- How Kylie Jenner Became the Savviest Kardashian
- Kylie Jenner and Khloe Kardashian sparkle in plunging sequin ensembles at P Diddy's party
- Here's What Nicki Minaj
- Idris Elba's new wife Sabrina Dhowre, 29, looks stunning in a fringed lace evening dress as she attends Met Gala after-party with casually dressed husband, 46
- Kylie Jenner, Khloe and Kim Kardashian Go Glam for Diddy's 50th Birthday Party
- From Kylie Jenner to Melania and Ivanka Trump, the 10 Most Shameless Fashion Moments of 2019
- See Blake Lively, Rihanna and More Stars' Looks at the 2009 Met Gala
- Lilly Singh says she knocked over chairs searching for Deepika Padukone at Met Gala, finally gets a pic with her
- Kylie Jenner Seen Visibly Uncomfortable as Tyga Song Plays During Birthday Party
- 'It affects my soul when your pictures are too sexy': Kanye West voices his last-minute disapproval over wife Kim Kardashian's 'underwear'-style Met Gala dress on KUWTK
- Memorial Day 2019: All the Stars' Celebration Photos
- Rihanna: the pop star who became a fashion powerhouse
- All of the Most Surprising Celebrity Breakups of 2019
- All aboard the world's most glamorous airplane! Dozens of Victoria's Secret supermodels pack flight to Paris ahead of fashion show (and are STILL posing for the cameras in their seats)
- Jenner, Banderas, turn out for glitzy amfAR gala near Cannes
- I'm a Celebrity: who's single, who's married and who's in a relationship?
- Sophia Hutchins Denies Caitlyn Jenner Romance and Says She's Dating a Man
- It's a winning week for the Trumps! Ivanka is presented with fashion award for excellence in accessory design just days after Donald's triumphant victory in Indiana
Met Gala 2021: From Nicki Minaj to Kylie Jenner, all the celebrities not attending fashion’s biggest night out have 991 words, post on metro.co.uk at September 13, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.