Emma Raducanu: British teen wins US Open
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Tennis sensation Emma Raducanu , 18, has triumphed at the Met Gala 2021 in a bold geometric black and white co-ord. Stunning fans at the biggest annual event in the fashion calendar, the US Open champion didn't hold back in making a style statement last night.
Her debut at the Met Gala comes just days after her incredible victory at the US Open, where she became Britain's first female Grand Slam champion in 44 years.
The star broke additional records as the first qualifier to triumph in a Grand Slam, in either the men’s or women’s game.
Emma won against Canadian tennis star Leylah Fernandez, who was also at the event.
She secured a $2.5 million cash prize for her incredible win.
Emma Raducanu stuns in Met Gala 2021 outfit after US Open triumph (Image: GETTY)
Emma Raducanu stunned in a bold geometric black and white co-ord (Image: GETTY)
The star also flew up the rankings from 150 to 23 after defeating Fernandez.
The Met Gala is chaired by Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, who is also a big tennis fan herself.
Emma smiled for the cameras as she showed off her outfit on the Metropolitan Museum of Art's iconic staircase in New York.
The tennis star's outfit complemented her athletic figure, as she highlighted her toned abs in a crop top.
Emma Raducanu with Lily-Rose Depp, Whitney Peak, Margaret Qualley and Kristen Stewart (Image: GETTY)
Emma Raducanu’s debut at the Met Gala comes just days after her incredible victory at the US Open (Image: GETTY)
Emma Raducanu profile (Image: EXPRESS)
She paired the crop top with an off-the-shoulder jacket and a matching floral skirt.
Emma accessorised with a bejewelled body chain, which matched her diamond earrings.
She completed her look with a pair of patent black boots and styled her hair in loose waves.
The tennis champion showed off her natural beauty with minimal make-up for the night, opting for statement winged eyeliner and pink lipstick.
DON’T MISS: Kevin Clifton shares ‘heartbreak’ over girlfriend Stacey Dooley’s post [COMMENT] Amanda Owen’s stepdaughter ‘scarred’ over family break-up [INSIGHT] Simon Rimmer bids farewell to rival after announcing final show [OPINION]
Emma has delighted Britons with her victory, as she was praised for her achievements by royalty.
The Queen sent a letter from Balmoral, writing: "It is a remarkable achievement at such a young age, and is testament to your hard work and dedication."
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge also commended Emma for her "stunning performances and historic Grand Slam victory!"
The theme of the Met Gala this year was In America: A Lexicon of Fashion.
Famous co-chairs included actor Timothée Chalamet, musician Billie Eilish, poet Amanda Gorman and tennis star Naomi Osaka.
Honorary chairs for the night were designer Tom Ford, Adam Mosseri, and Vogue’s Anna Wintour.
Vogue magazine said of the hosts: "Each of the Met’s four co-hosts embodies the defining factor of American style: individualism.
"[They have each] developed a distinct visual language for their public personas, one that is informed by the legacy of iconic fashion made in the USA."
- Wheelchair tennis champion Dylan Alcott tells critics to 'lay off' his friends Prince Harry and Meghan Markle - after they revealed their struggle with negative press
- Rafael Nadal Inspires Spain To 6th Davis Cup Triumph
- After big US Open Federer game, Sumit Nagal wanted to be by himself
- Australian Open: Breathless Rafael Nadal, Serena Williams Into Last Eight
- Australian Open: Rafael Nadal Outlasts Teenager Alexander Zverev, Serena Williams Cruises
- Serena Williams set for French Open final battle with Garbiñe Muguruza
- Sports Shorts: Jayaram enters Vietnam Open final
- How Britain's prince of tennis wooed Hollywood's top stars
- US Open PHOTOS: Williams scripts ruthless win; Djokovic, Nadal advance
- Celebrities hit the US Open courts
- Nadal and Bautista Agut seal emotional Davis Cup triumph for Spain
- Andy Murray storms into Australian Open final by beating Tomas Berdych
- Tennis star Roberto Bautista Agut helps Spain win Davis Cup following father's death
- Australian Open: Angelique Kerber breezes into third round
- Champions League: Reus penalty miss costs dominant Dortmund win against Barcelona
- 70-year-old Susan Sarandon stuns in cleavage-baring gown
- Miami Open PHOTOS: Azarenka to face Kuznetsova in final; Krygios stuns Raonic
- Nadal inspires Spain to sixth Davis Cup triumph
- England win first ever Cricket World Cup after incredible Super Over triumph against New Zealand
- We Are The Champions! Rami Malek kisses Lucy Boynton as Bohemian Rhapsody reigns supreme with FOUR wins at Academy Awards after Queen rock the crowd with opening act
Emma Raducanu: Tennis champion, 18, stuns in Met Gala 2021 outfit after US Open triumph have 924 words, post on www.express.co.uk at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.