Flagging off a dengue awareness pageant on Friday, Lt. Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan called for stronger vector control measures to prevent mosquito-borne diseases like dengue, malaria and zika.
"Let us not ignore these important diseases as we combat coronavirus," she said at the inaugural event for observing the Anti Dengue Month under the auspices of the Health Department.
"Like the requirement of oxygen in those with acute coronavirus infection, the demand for platelets shoots up among many dengue patients," she said.
The Lt. Governor pointed out that dengue-spreading mosquitoes, the females of the Aedes aegypti species, thrived in freshwater.
She stressed the importance of maintaining hygienic surroundings. From a health viewpoint, about 80% of diseases could be avoided by maintaining cleanliness, she added.
A. Ganesan, Assistant Director (Malaria), National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, administered an oath to eradicate dengue and other mosquito-borne diseases in the Union Territory.
Ms. Soundararajan later opened an oxygen transit point at IGMCRI, which would serve as an intermediary facility for admissions, and distributed certificates and incentives to medical students who engaged in COVID-19 control measures at the Mother Theresa PG and Research Institute of Health Sciences.
- Mazda G-Vectoring Control makes driving better without you knowing
- 2016 Ford Focus RS Euro-Spec Track Drive
- California’s Latest Attack on Second Amendment: Ammunition Controls
- What's the Diff? We Put the Torque-Vectoring Differential to the Test
- Auto R&D drives Vector Informatik’s growth
- BREAKING NEWS: Beto O'Rourke QUITS 2020 race as campaign runs out of cash - after launching run on the front of Vanity Fair saying: 'Man, I'm just born to be in it.'
- Ford Focus ST (2012) at the Frankfurt motor show
- 2016 Ford Focus RS shows up in Geneva, still bound for America [w/video]
- Ford Focus prices start at less than £16k
- Ford Focus RS (2016) enters hyper-hatch territory with 345bhp confirmed
- 2012 Ford Focus ST Officially Revealed at Paris Auto Show
- The Latest: Florida OKs measure broadening victims’ right
- The Latest: North Carolina governor visits hard-hit New Bern
- Flat-out in the red-hot new 2016 Ford Focus RS, CAR+ February 2016
- Michigan State Police Say Most Speed Limits are Too Low
- 2016's hottest sports cars slug it out: Porsche 718 Boxster S vs Ford Focus RS vs BMW M2
- 2016's most wanted: 1) Ford Focus RS, CAR+ December 2015
- Review: 2013 Ford Focus ST
- VW Golf R vs Ford Focus RS: 2016's hot-hatch crunch match
- 2016 Ford Focus RS First Drive
Focus on vector control measures, says Lt. Governor have 389 words, post on www.thehindu.com at July 17, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.