One of the skills and attitudes of resilience focuses on our connectedness to others. Relationships that can provide support and caring are one of the primary factors in resilience. Having a number of these relationships, both within and outside of the family, that offer love, encouragement, and reassurance can build and support resilience, by developing new friendships, for instance. However, this aspect of resilience can and does extend further out in our lives. Social responsibility is the responsibility we feel for the welfare of others and not just for ourselves. In terms of resilience, social responsibility in general determines the resilience of the society as well as the individuals who make up the society. It involves taking care of yourself, but also involves taking care of others. Over the last four years we could say that social responsibility in our society has reached an all-time low. Our country for too long has been focused on “what’s in it for me.” This is about tribalism. "If It helps me and my family, then I’m for it. If it doesn’t, don’t bother me with it." And of course, it has to do with money. “The hell with immigrants. If my 401(k) is growing, that's all… Read full this story
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): Host communities commend Dangote Refinery’s initiatives
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Dangote gets Top 5 Recognition in ‘Most Responsible Business In Africa’ Category
- Corporate Social Responsibility: More Than The 'Right Thing to Do'
- How to become a more socially responsible tech consumer
- In Colorado and across U.S., corporate social responsibility isn’t a trend, it’s a key component of modern business
- Bank for union workers embraces socially responsible causes
- William Sim Was Presented with 2018 Asian Social Caring Leadership Award by Social Enterprise Research Academy
- Photos of Sutton bus driver stopping diagonally to block cars sparks social media debate
- Award Winning Gen-Z Documentary Filmmaker & Social Entrepreneur is Shifting the Bad News Narrative
- Operation Convergent Response delivers technology in action for first responders
Social Responsibility have 332 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at April 7, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.