Empathetic AI? Source: Photo by Owen Beard on Unsplash with Meg Price I recently heard that coaches and helping professions like social workers are considered the last refuge against the 'fact' AI. But now AI is learning so fast it can theoretically learn and replace any human task. Even being empathetic ! Research from Harvard University recently suggested coaching can soon be automated. AI comes in many forms, from those little chatbots on websites to Alexa and many other automations that are proactive like the programs in Tesla that the driver talks to. But advances in conversational AI means we can now have conversations with technology that makes us 'feel' we are talking to a human that really listens and responds 'intelligently'. So what? People still want to connect to people! The work of a coach or health care professional requires extensive professional, empathic, psychological, and other skills like human intuition . How could these replace or even replicate a coach’s skillset soon? Academics are business schools like Stern NYU suggest there are specific categories of being a professional executive or business coach: 1. assessment, 2. intervention, 3. supporting sustained behavioral change . But many of these are already automated… Read full this story
- Psychologist reveals the little-known 'syndrome' thousands of employees suffer at work - and how to beat it before it ruins your career
- Why organizations might want to design and train less-than-perfect AI
- How to make a great first impression: Psychologist reveals how to nail an interview - and why you should ALWAYS 'dress for the job you want'
- Ford CEO Jim Hackett to retire and be replaced by COO Jim Farley
- Andrea Pirlo hired to replace fired Sarri at Juventus
- Brazil sack coach Dunga after early exit from Copa America
- Education revolution: 'AI machines will replace teachers', claims academic
- Yasir and Sarfraz: can we hear an ai hai hai?
- How an AI archive platform is helping a Victorian library keep up with data
- This AI-powered home gym is like having a personal trainer in your living room
Will AI Replace Coaches and Psychologists? have 334 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.