While some people are happy being single, others are anxious about their status and how they come across to other people. Research suggests that people do not perceive those who fear being single as any less attractive than they are. People who fear being single, however, may view themselves as less attractive than they really are. Source: Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay Many people are perfectly happy enjoying life as a single person. Comfortable flying solo, they are not looking for a partner, and accordingly, are often perceived as both content and comfortable. Their confidence is attractive, and accordingly, so are they. Examining the science of seduction, there is nothing quite like the allure of the unattainable, which is what many happily single people appear to be. In addition, we are drawn to others who are positive. We enjoy the company of single people who are relaxed and in a good mood, and we can all relate to the attraction of positivity—both socially and often even physically. People who are self-conscious or anxious about being single, on the other hand, feel very differently. Unhappy and pessimistic, perhaps even feeling stigmatized, as I discussed in a prior column , they fear that their awkwardness or discomfort makes… Read full this story
- Chaska plans to create an attraction-filled public square
- A Single Train of Thought
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge attraction coming to Disney parks
- With Minneapolis' first amphitheater, city walks fine line between national and community attraction
- This Minnesotan paid $1,000 for a single shrimp. Not to eat — as a pet.
- Can a good meal bring people back to church? A growing number of congregations think so
- Milbank: Trump hires only the worst people
- PART 9: Plotting how many people Southern Nevada’s water can sustain
- St. Louis Park's cohousing community seeks like-minded people to join its 'tribe'
- Everything is Cheesecake mobile truck attracting fans in Lansing
Why Single People Are Attractive have 306 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.