Raising Twins to Be Individuals and Trusted Friends: A Psychological and Practical Approach: Part One What Parents Can Do to Develop Individuality in Their Twin Children Parenting twins is a challenging task that presents unique and complicated psychological and practical problems that need to be carefully identified, understood and solved. Raising twins takes time and thought. There are no easy answers or long range unalterable strategies to adopt. There are some tried and true strategies that psychologically astute parents use. Examples of practical strategies include: 1. Dressing twins differently. 2. Giving your twins separate bedrooms when possible. 3. Separating twins in school as early as possible, as this time apart will help twins grow into themselves. 4. Making sure each twin has their own friends as well as shared friends. 5. Encouraging separate interests when at all possible. 6. Teaching your children that not all toys and clothes can be shared. 7. Working with your children when they fight to understand "what belongs to who" and "who is responsible for the mistake" that they claim is not their fault. These common strategic beliefs and actions are essential but not enough. Personal decisions about each child's special qualities must be identified… Read full this story
- Jennifer Lopez: Having more babies 'would be a blessing,' but raising twins 'takes a village'
- Nick Cannon Opens Up About Raising Twins and Mariah Carey's 'Guilty Pleasure'
- Raising autistic twins doesn't stop D.M. family from experiencing theater
- Ex-Wilmington Trust president Harra pleads not guilty
- Education budget, teacher pay raise headed to Bentley
- Meet four sets of twins giving the health scene a double kick in the pants
- Theo Epstein returns to Boston, champions another cause with his twin brother
- Formerly conjoined twins leading separate lives 10 years after surgery
- 'Scientology': Ex-member says he fought to go to twin's funeral
- Rex Ryan and Jeffs Weeks have spent a lifetime coaching football and raising hell
Raising Twins to Be Individuals and Trusted Friends: have 308 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.