FLOYD ‘MONEY’ MAYWEATHER isn’t short of means with which to treat himself.
So for his birthday, it really is the thought that counts.
The amazing collector’s item featuring two of the greatest players to ever play in the NBA is thought to be worth around $15,000 (£10,800).
After giving the card to Mayweather , one of the gifters urged him to look after it, saying it could be worth $100,000 within ten years.
To which Floyd replied: “Can I let LeBron sign it?”
Mayweather is a fan of the NBA, was regularly seen courtside at games and has previously outlined his intention to own a franchise one day.
And when he was snubbed by the Associated Press for their Male Athlete of the Decade award in favour of the LA Lakers star, he admitted that he ‘loves’ LeBron… despite being annoyed at not winning.
He told Drink Champs : “I love LeBron James, but when we're talking about Athlete of the Decade, that's me. That's me. Hands down.
“We talking about from 1996 to 2020 and I've never received Athlete of the Decade. At the top of Forbes and I'm my own boss.”
Most read in Sport
Haaland transfer battle, Red Devils hand Inter transfer demand, De Gea LATEST
Mayweather hung up the gloves with a perfect 50-0 professional record in 2017, after beating Conor McGregor .
But he has since returned for an exhibition against Tenshin Nakusawa , and is set for another busy year.
But only if the younger Paul bro can overcome MMA fighter Ben Askren.
Triller chief Ryan Kavanaugh told SunSport: “For the right price we would definitely do that. If Jake wins this fight it makes a big difference.
“He would have beaten one of the best fighters there is, he may not be the best boxer, we don’t know, but he’s a real fighter.
“If Jake then calls for a big fight, he has a little more credibility to do it. If Jake wins this fight, he can go to major fights, a Mayweather-type thing.”
Floyd Mayweather rocks up to star-studded, Miami-Vice themed 44th birthday party in stunning £2m Bugatti
- WATCH: Shaq on how LeBron James can pass Michael Jordan as GOAT
- Black Mamba's last dance: Kobe Bryant scores SIXTY POINTS to win final game with Los Angeles Lakers after glittering 20-year-career in purple and gold
- A blow to the heart and the gut: LeBron James and fellow Lakers stars speak out after Jacob Blake ruling
- From Kobe to Maradona, a Year of Staggering Losses in Sports
- From Kobe to Maradona, a year of staggering losses in sports
- From Kobe to Maradona, 2020 was a year of staggering losses in sports
- Becky Hammon creates history by becoming first woman to coach NBA team
Floyd Mayweather given £11,000 Topps Chrome card of two other ‘GOATs’ Kobe Bryant and LeBron James for 44th birthday have 610 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.