Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Lê Thị Thu Hằng. — Photo from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam always welcomes the stance of any country regarding the South China Sea (known in Việt Nam as the East Sea) that are in line with international law, spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Lê Thị Thu Hằng said on Thursday. Hằng made the statement during yesterday’s press briefing, held virtually due to the new clusters of COVID-19 community cases in Hà Nội, when asked for Việt Nam’s response to the recent UK-Japan statement regarding the South China Sea. “Việt Nam always welcomes the stance of any country regarding the South China Sea (known in Việt Nam as the East Sea) which are in line with international law, the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Seas (UNCLOS), and that share the viewpoint stated in the declarations of the 36th ASEAN Summit and the 53th ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting reaffirming that the 1982 UNCLOS is the legal framework governing all activities at sea,” Hằng said. “With that spirit, together with ASEAN member countries, Việt Nam hopes that all countries – including ASEAN partners –… Read full this story
- China’s increasing belligerence in South China Sea threatens international peace and regional stability
- How to revive Viet Nam’s tourism industry?
- Việt Nam condemns China's acts in East Sea
- Việt Nam, US forge comprehensive partnership
- Việt Nam helps ASEAN battle the COVID-19 pandemic
- How to revive Việt Nam’s tourism industry?
- Songwriting contest celebrates 70th anniversary of Việt Nam Young Volunteer Force
- Border skirmishes: China's strategy to unsettle India
- US slams China’s ‘disturbing behaviour’ at India border
- China's defence budget likely to grow despite economic cost of coronavirus
Việt Nam hopes all countries will contribute to peace and stability in the South China Sea: Spokesperson have 300 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 4, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.