We are told that 2030 is a significant year for global sustainability targets. What could we really achieve comprehensively from now until then, especially with climate change dominating so many discussions and proposals? More sustainable transport on water and land, with many advantages beyond tackling climate change (Leeuwarden, the Netherlands). Source: Photo Taken by Ilan Kelman Several United Nations agreements use 2030 for their timeframe, including the Sustainable Development Goals , the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction, the Paris Agreement for tackling human-caused climate change, and the Addis Ababa Action Agenda on Financing for Development. Aside from the oddity of having separate agreements with separate approaches from separate agencies to achieve similar goals, climate change is often explicitly separated as a topic. Yet it brings little that is new to the overall and fundamental challenges causing our sustainability troubles. Consider what would happen if tomorrow we magically reached exactly zero greenhouse gas emissions. Overfishing would continue unabated through what is termed illegal, unreported, and unregulated fishing, often in protected areas such as Antarctic waters. Demands from faraway markets would still devastate nearshore marine habitats and undermine local practices serving local needs. Deforestation would also continue. Examples are illegal logging in protected areas… Read full this story
- Global Warming, Climate Change, Politics and Funding of Think Tanks Considered
- Balancing Top-Down and Bottom-Up Change Processes
- Change Leadership Change
- Thrive on Shift & Change
- Escaping the Illusion's Web - Why You're Trapped in Your Current Life and How to Change It
- Printing and Promotional Products - How Life Has Changed In Canada and The United States!
- The Value of Home Security Safes
- Even Higher Uranium Prices Ahead This Summer
- Vivaldi's Four Seasons And ... How Do You Value The Summer Season of Life?
- Servant Leadership - Purposeful Change
The Values of Climate Change have 285 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at February 21, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.