Co-authored by Jasmin S. Searcy-Pate, Ph.D. and Erlanger A. Turner, Ph.D. Source: Photo byÂ Ketut SubiyantoÂ fromÂ Pexels The American Psychological Association recently released data from its Stress in America Survey, indicating that 8 in 10 Americans reported feelings of emotional stress (47% anxious , 44% sad, 39% angry). Since the pandemic last year, stress levels across America have continued to increase. Many families may be experiencing increased stress due to working from home, serving as their kids’ teacher, employment loss, or stress due to significant life changes as a result of COVID-19. High levels of stress for an extended period of time can lead to psychological burnout. COVID-19 and Parental Burnout As a parent, it may come as a surprise; but the coronavirus pandemic has various psychological phases of disaster. As described by the Washington State Department of Health which adapted the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) phases of reactions in disasters can result in stress and mental health difficulties. The figure below features a graph that maps out a community’s typical response to disaster. Initially, there is a slight decrease in one’s mental health with the threat of an imminent crisis. Over time, there is typically an upward… Read full this story
- Borsuk: The important role of parents in school success
- Mayor de Blasio enlists parent bloggers to spread message about universal pre-K plan
- Impact statements from Tyler Clementi's family
- 9 education bills that would impact Brevard schools
- What’s happening in Central Jersey: May 19 and later
- At 19, he bought his first property from his parents' basement. But is real estate enough?
- College student cares for 3 siblings as parents face deportation
- Readers sound off on gambling, guns and the impact of terrorism
- Impact Team hackers dump more Ashley Madison data online, this time 18GB
- Report: 135K Ky kids have had parent in jail
The Impact of COVID-19 on Parental Burnout have 298 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.