Success often gives way to status, which sets people up for ego-driven concerns. A truly successful leader offers a vision that outstrips their own personal aspirations. It is difficult but necessary to cultivate humility as a successful leader. People can become very successful because of genuine inspiration and authenticity . Their work attracts attention , they are admired and praised. Precisely because of their authentic passion, they reap appreciation and often become a role model for others. Quite often, that's the beginning of the end. Success takes on a life of its own and becomes a goal in itself. Gone is the authenticity and intrinsic drive. A classic career trajectory for those who are talented and successful It can happen to musicians and artists, political leaders, or people who climb the ladder in the organization where they work. Imagine someone who is quite good at their job and so dedicated that they rise to a managerial position. After a while, this person is no longer occupied with the job for which they had the expertise and inspiration, but with managerial work. That can go well, but it can also mean they gradually lose the spirit that once ignited them. Often,… Read full this story
- Russia and China's 'attack on Google': Virtual wargame 'experiment' hits search giant with 'worst ever' internet hijack that intercepted search, cloud and business services
- Kidnappers on rampage, hijack passenger bus
- Rogue geoengineering could 'hijack' world's climate
- McDonald's free from liability for franchise labor violations
- Federal board rules McDonald’s is free from liability in big labor case
- How Stephen Colbert and His Alter Ego Said Goodbye to Embattled Bill O'Reilly
- WhatsApp vulnerability exploited through malicious GIFs to hijack chat sessions
- Is Your Self-Esteem Too High to Be Successful?
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 review: Ertiga's groomed alter-ego
- Masood Azhar ‘global terrorist’: France welcomes designation, says decision ‘signals successful realisation of efforts’
Success Is a Liability When Hijacked by the Ego have 305 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.