Home Health Nutrition Nutrition oi-Mahima Setia By Mahima Setia on February 27, 2021 The food labels are present on the food packaging and provide all the nutrition facts of the food item and its ingredients. In India, the Food safety and standards authority of India (FSSAI) dictates food packaging norms. Present at the side or back of the packaging, these labels provide useful information about the nutrition present in the particular food, how it meets the recommended daily allowance as per government regulations, if it is organic or not, a list of non-vegetarian ingredients, shelf life and storage instructions. Some labels will also mention health claim on whether the product is harmful to health or if it benefits health in some ways. In a world where the market shelves are loaded with packaged and processed foods along with numerous variations of the same product, it can get extremely confusing which product to consume. This is where reading food labels becomes important. One should be aware of the ingredients and its quantity used in making the food product. It is a common practice to mention the same ingredient in different names on food labels. Hence, one should also be aware of… Read full this story
- The 6 Best Gluten-Free Snacks You Can Buy on Amazon, According to Nutritionists
- Nutritionist debunks common myths surrounding the popular low-carb keto diet
- Will eating organic food make you healthier?
- State of the Union: Donald Trump labelled a ‘fearmongering pig’
- READ: President Trump's State of the Union address
- FG, Benue State to collaborate on massive food production
- Read the full text of Donald Trump's 2020 State of the Union as he makes his case for re-election, lashing out at 'socialists' and saying: 'The best is yet to come!'
- Diamond Princess passenger tweets hilarious food reviews during coronavirus quarantine
- Lovely grub—are insects the future of food?
- The dark side of plant-based food: It’s more about money than you may think
Nutritionist Speaks About Food Labels And How To Read Them have 316 words, post on www.boldsky.com at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.