Home Yoga spirituality Faith mysticism Faith Mysticism oi-Prerna Aditi By Prerna Aditi on March 10, 2021 People belonging to the Hindu community have utmost faith in Lord Shiva. Also known as Mahadev (the Supreme God), He is believed to fulfill all the wishes of His devotees. People believe that if worshipped with pure intentions and devotion, Lord Shiva blesses that person. Due to this, people often offer various things to please the deity and gain His blessings. Out of all the things that are offered to Lord Shiva, devotees are often seen offering Ganga Jal to His Shivalinga, (the mystic idol of Lord Shiva). Even if people are short at Ganga Jal, they will mix a little quantity of Ganga Jal into the normal water before offering the same to Lord Shiva. If you have always wondered why Lord Shiva is offered Ganga Jal rather than normal water, then we are here to help you with this. Read on. The story dates back to the ancient time when Suras and Asuras performed the Samundra Manthan, the Churning of the divine ocean. When the ocean was churned, 14 types of elements were produced. One of those elements was Halahal, the deadly… Read full this story
- Happy Diwali 2020: Puja Vidhi, Laxmi Pooja Shubh Muhurat, Mantra and all you need to know
- Chitragupt Puja 2020: Know The Story, Date, Significance And Puja Vidhi Of This Festival
- Devotees offer 'arghya' keeping COVID-19 protocols at bay, concludes Chhath Puja
- Labour demands inquiry into lobbyists secretly serving as Government advisors
- Bezwada Wilson in conversation with Perumal Murugan
- Letters to a concerned reader | As Mr. Mathrubootham bids adieu, our readers write in
- PS5 vs. Xbox Series S
- 100 Best Films of the 21st Century, According to Critics
- 'I am proud to call myself British': Marcus Rashford thanks UK businesses who answered the footballer's call for free meals this Christmas saying 'they are the real heroes'
- Hipster Filipino restaurant which supplied Matt Hancock's civil servants with £50,000 in takeaways during pandemic is forced to CLOSE after being driven out of business by government's Covid lockdown
Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva have 333 words, post on www.boldsky.com at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.