As a follow-up to Part 1 on this subject, here are two more ways to improve control over your thinking and behavior. “Mind over matter” is a central theme in most religions. The idea is that proper spiritual belief gives you the strength to cope with the vicissitudes of life. Paradoxically, the most religious people, like monks, may not use their strength of faith to cope with life but actually escape worldly stress by living in monasteries or nunneries. Also, there is the problem that many people dismiss religion as superstition . Nonetheless, for those who do believe, the indisputable fact remains that it can affect your thinking and behavior. Source: tracy siermachesky shutterstock Literature surveys reveal a strong relationship between religiosity and self-control . Self-control in religious people is manifest in that they tend to suffer less from depression , avoid trouble with sex or drugs, do better in school, and even visit the dentist more regularly. It is not clear whether religious experiences promote self-discipline or whether a self-disciplined person is more likely to respond to the self-control requirements of religion. It could be both. Whatever the case, to be mentally and spiritually healthy, we must learn to… Read full this story
- Your guide to perfect health: Dentist shares the 12 things you can do to improve your mind and body today
- The Battle of the Mind
- Should the state leave religion alone?
- ‘Republic of Religion – The Rise and Fall of Colonial Secularism in India’ review: Interplay of state and religion
- Mind control
- Keto Diets and Children: Impact of Keto Diets on the Mind
- 5 Surprising Reasons Why You Need Mindfulness at Work
- Here’s How to Regain Some Control During These Uncertain Times
- Coronation Street’s Bill Roache, 88, says he’s ‘used his mind’ to reverse the ageing process
- The best Wi-Fi routers of 2020: Nest, Asus, TP-Link and more
How to Control Your Mind: The Link to Religion and Meditation have 299 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.