A woman teleconferences. Source: Anna Shvets/Pexels The field of psychiatry — much like our society as a whole — is at a turning point. We are beginning to harness the power of the Internet, social media, and digital technologies to improve the ways we diagnose, treat, and connect with our patients. My area of research is focused on how to better leverage our digital footprint, whether through Facebook/social media activity, or Google search history, to develop new tools to deliver the best care possible, especially for youth with schizophrenia . Colleagues at the Feinstein Institutes for Medical Research and Zucker Hillside Hospital are also investigating other emerging areas to help develop digital biomarkers — or clues to mental illness. New digital health solutions, like augmented reality, for example, are being developed to help treat negative symptoms for those with schizophrenia, increase socialization, reduce unemployment and improve the overall quality of life. One such talented, emerging leader and friend is Sunny X. Tang MD. I've had the recent opportunity to sit down with Sunny to learn more about her work, where she sees psychiatry headed, and what needs to be done to get there. Michael: Sunny, thank you so much for… Read full this story
- Why They Should Have Kept, "The Secret" a Secret! OR the Real Path to Process and Personal Progress
- Reflecting on Your Personal Development
- The Relationship Between Science, Technology, and Society
- The Progress of Science With Computers
- Making Personal Trainer Tools an Element of Success
- Ego Progression and True Progression
- Personal Injury Solicitor Available to Advise Victims of Traffic Accidents
- Comprehension and Communication - "More Than Being About Technology"
- Technology Surrounds Everyone
- Getting Physically Fit - 9 Quality Features of a Good Personal Trainer
How Technology Is Personalizing and Progressing Psychiatry have 278 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.