Source: Jill Wellington/Pixabay Like everyone, I desire happiness , success, and a good, fulfilling life. And, like most people, I find simple and organized lists of steps or rules leading to the good life quite attractive. Drawing lines, designating categories, and summarizing things to simplify our thinking about the world are good things. But, lines and categories don't make our understanding of the world less complex if our simplifications are incorrect—and in such cases, they can make the world unnecessarily more complex than it was in the first place. That said, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed these days with the mass-marketed, success prescription-lists that every contemporary, intellectual guru appears to be peddling. Everyone, from Deepak Chopra to Tom Cruise, appears to have an opinion on the best routes to happiness, success, and the good life. Jordan Peterson's 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos wasn't enough—now we have even more from his Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life . Lists and 5-step programs for everything from how to lose weight, become a great parent, sell your home, remodel your home, divorce your spouse, find that dream-car, become a millionaire, to how to become the next CEO of your company, make everything sound seductively… Read full this story
- Read all about it: What to give your kids for World Book Day
- I didn't know clock was ticking for Freddie
- Dad says DIY SOS 'saved his life' after tragic death of childhood sweetheart
- Clinical trials for UK medical cannabis 'a step closer' after family campaign
- Clinical trials for medicinal cannabis for kids step closer
- How to save the World Wide Web…. by the British genius who invented it
- Vincent Hogan: Rebels with a good cause
- Day in the Life: Raivo the blacksmith
- Meet ‘the second most important man in Meghan Markle’s life’ – her charming Canadian confidant, 41
- Letters to the Editor: 'Let’s hope Schmidt is playing the long game for World Cup'
How Many Steps to the Good Life? The World May Never Know have 322 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.