Becoming still. Sitting in silence. Directing attention inward. This is pause we require to more fully explore, recognize and acknowledge how our inner landscape fuels our anger . It is in this moment that we can observe the tension in our bodies and mind triggered by feelings such as fear , anxiety , shame and sadness. It calls for the courage to face our truth–an essential step for transforming destructive anger into healthy anger and for accessing our authentic self in general. The challenge Facing our truth is not an easy. While the truth can set us free, it can also be powerfully threatening to our sense of safety. Just as a child learns not to touch a hot flame, we may learn to steer clear of painful emotions and the thoughts associated with them. This is especially the case if we've endured more severe emotional pain, and notably when we lack sufficient skills in self-soothing and the resilience for frustration tolerance. Consequently, many of us become "emotionally avoidant". Just as we might experience a "fight-flight-freeze" response to threats that are external in origin, we may similarly respond to those that come from within ourselves. The arousal of certain feelings… Read full this story
- Joe Biden is 'healthy, vigorous,' his doctor says in summary of medical history
- How Diana broke the Queen's heart: New interviews with Her Majesty's inner circle reveal the truth about her explosive battle of wills with the People's Princess who loved to defy protocol
- The Truth About Lying
- Stoic Truths for a Digital World
- Ridding Happiness Contaminant 6: Anger
- Drawing Boundaries Helps Forestall Anger/Stave off Bullies
- Hard Truths and Half-Truths about Race on Campus, Part III
- What Is The Truth About Gaming Addiction?
- Look Back In Anger: How This Decade Brought Women Into Their Rage
- The Top 10 Angry Internet Man Angerers of 2008
Facing Our Truth–for Healthy Anger and Overall Well-Being have 303 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.