I had barely begun my annual read of the Harry Potter series when I was struck down by the flu in late January. I had a cough, minor temperature swings, dream sweats, and I was couldn't leave my bed for anything but the toilet or the easiest meals. Gumbo soup, pre-cooked chicken in bottled vindaloo sauce, hot and sour soup; the nursing skills of my usually destructive dog; Harry Potter and watching ballet documentaries on my phone entertained me between long naps. I got tested earlier this week. I didn't have COVID-19 , even though I was pretty sure I didn't. Only the cough and sweats fit. I could taste that spicy food (it helped me cough), I could smell myself getting riper with no energy to stand up in the shower for 15 minutes. It was a run-of-the-mill flu but oh, my, I was bored in that gray space of 2 ½ weeks. The impeachment trial of Donald Trump made me human. I watched it on my phone in real time, read everything I could Google, watched documentaries about Q, read Twitter like it was the Heathers planning college visits. I knew, as I imagine most of us did, what… Read full this story
- Here’s How South Florida Lawmakers Voted On President Trump’s Second Impeachment
- DoJ warns national secrets may have been stolen after mob ransacked offices filled with dossiers and laptops as DC cop claims off-duty personnel were among rioters and 'flashed ID badges' at on-duty colleagues
- REVEALED: Capitol Police REJECTED offers of National Guard help days before MAGA riot 'because they didn't want images of military troops on the Hill'
- Moment MAGA rioter throws fire extinguisher at back of Capitol cops's head - the same weapon used to kill officer Brian Sicknick
- Comparison between Capitol siege, BLM protests is denounced
- Joe Biden inauguration: 'This is democracy's day'
- Farewell to a Fascist: Biden, Washington, and America Pick Up the Pieces
- Strong institutions are the bedrock of sustainable governance: Lessons from the US
- New Jersey Authorities Preparing For Armed Protest At Trenton Capitol Building
- The world has more riding on Joe Biden than any US president in decades
Donald Trump and the Deathly Hallows have 354 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.