Two techies were cheated and robbed by a gang of men, who promised to lead them to call
The two techies,
Rakesh (name changed), a resident of
Since it was the weekend, Rakesh decided to avail of an escort and zeroed in on a profile of a girl called Anuradha on Locanto. Rakesh called her and she explained the tariff structure to him. She then asked him to meet her at a spot in Banaswadi, near a temple. Rakesh went on his bike and when he called Anuradha upon reaching there, she said she would be sending a colleague who would introduce him to a set of girls he could choose from. A man came and picked up Rakesh on a bike and took him to a small lane, where he found a gang of five to six men, including an auto-driver, waiting for him.
The gang started heckling him and threatened him with a knife if he did not part with money. Rakesh first paid them Rs 3,000, and then they searched his pockets and took away Rs 8,500 in total.
When they learnt that Rakesh did not have anything more, they told him to go. Rakesh said he was lost and the auto-driver who was a part of the gang agreed to drop him where he had left his bike. It was here that Rakesh met Suresh who had been conned in the same way and had been dropped there by another
The two shared their ordeal with each other figured out and that they both had contacted Anuradha. When Suresh continued to have a conversation with the auto driver, he told them that this was a regular con and about six to 10 men get robbed and cheated every day.
The shocked duo did not want to complain to the police fearing censure and but shared the story with this reporter to alert other men to be aware of a new con in town.
- Girl’s discredited story of sex assault cost dad chance at job
- Christina Hendricks is saying ‘time's up’ with her latest TV outing, Good Girls
- The passion of Angelo Reyes
- Virginia teen charged with killing girlfriend’s parents, who worried he was a neo-Nazi
- Italy's Carolina Kostner has fallen again and again. But it’s figure skating that gives her lift
- Man suspected of raping a 14-year-old dies after poisoning himself during police chase
- 5 Olympic-themed reads that deserve the gold
- This week in Toronto: Comedy galore at Sketchfest and a fall down the rabbit hole at the AGO
- Woman tells police she had casino mogul Steve Wynn’s child after he raped her in ‘70s
- What’s new on Netflix Canada, CraveTV in March
- Paris Jackson finally ready for her close-up as she makes film debut in Gringo
- 19 Netflix original shows that both critics and audiences agree are amazing
- ‘Why can’t we all just get along?’
- Speakers Bureau
- Fashion photographer Bill Cunningham’s memoir to be published in September
- Netflix’s 34 original drama series, ranked from worst to best
- A romantic police story
- Q&A: Ben Kingsley on trying not to judge his character in ‘An Ordinary Man’
- EXO’s Sehun on Netflix series Busted!
- Here are all 47 accounts Trump follows on Twitter
Crimes of passion: Con girl have 647 words, post on bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.