guest post by Randi Kreger In this post, I am talking about the majority of people with borderline personality disorder (BPD) who are not in treatment and do not self-identify as having BPD. Nearly 40% of those with borderline personality disorder also have narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). 1 A person can have one disorder and traits of the other as well. It helps to understand their similarities and differences. Source: By FGC/Shutterstock Differences in BPD and NPD For people with BPD, the major issue is a fear of abandonment. For people with narcissistic PD, the person's major issue is feeding their ego through narcissistic supply. For people with BPD, their emotions are variable and very intense. For people with NPD, their emotions may be shallow, except for rage . People with BPD have a fear of both abandonment and engulfment. People with NPD may have a pervasive sense of grandiosity. People with BPD can have suicidal thoughts or self-harm . People with NPD have a sense that they are entitled to the best of everything, and they do not have to follow the rules that other people do. People with BPD outwardly exhibit feelings of abandonment, woundedness, and vulnerability. People with… Read full this story
- Passionate, disconnected, practical or over-involved - what’s YOUR sex personality? Tracey Cox says every couple has one and gives hot tips on how best to connect in bed
- Chris Hemsworth threatened to FIRE his personal trainer Luke Zocchi if he appeared on the Australian version of The Bachelor
- MIT engineers design AI model capable of detecting the coronavirus in a person's cough with 98% accuracy
- Mayor de Blasio says NYC will halt in-person learning for 300,000 students if the citywide test positivity rate reaches 3% - despite transmission in schools being only 0.17%
- The Difference Between Narcissism and Confidence
- 'I was the most trolled person in the entire world in 2019', says Meghan Markle as she and Prince Harry speak to US teenagers for World Mental Health Day podcast from their Santa Barbara villa
- Amnesia: Rebirth's bright setting is designed to create a different type of fear, Frictional Games tell us
- Map reveals how supermarkets sell the same product at different prices just metres apart
- Coronavirus 'positivity rate' may be key to reopening, but there are different ways to calculate it
- Is there a difference between PC and mobile versions of Among Us?
Borderline and Narcissistic Personality: Differences and Similarities have 386 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.