How many times have you encountered a person who, at first impression , appears to be refreshingly honest, seemingly successful, liked by many, perhaps even charismatic ? The person's lack of knowledge completely contradicts the resume; the commitments (or promises) fail the test of implementation and now summon you to question yourself or your memory . The job responsibilities someone clamored for or stepped over others to obtain now await another's attention . And all the while, you become miserable and often wonder why. As Congress decides a second Impeachment, everyone should consider what goes in to granting free passes and risks thereafter. Source: Ken Kistler/Public Domain Pictures After the January 6 attacks on the U.S. Capitol, plenty of citizens wonder how the country got to such a scary, unsettling place. Former President Donald Trump ? Elected officials in Congress? Lack of accountability? Or, magical thinking that bad circumstances will fade away and not return? A multitude of ordinary citizens, in their personal or work lives, question their lot, their individual misery. In all of these instances, there are ways forward to assure that you don’t get mired in the mistake of granting free passes when they aren’t deserved, nor in… Read full this story
- Reopening Oscar Grant case is a chance to address systemic racism. I’m skeptical that will happen
- Matt Hancock reveals that millions more people in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire, the North East and Teesside could be heading for Tier 3 lockdown with talks due to take place THIS WEEK
- How The Recession Could Help Uber Win Its Fight To Stop Drivers Becoming Employees
- Latinos make up 75% of coronavirus cases in largely white Marin County. Will new equity efforts help?
- The Myth of the Central Park Five
- Cops arrest four for arson - including man who LIVE STREAMED fire he is accused of starting - as death toll from wildfires climbs to 29 and Oregon officials warn of 'mass fatality event'
- 'I don’t sleep. I'm afraid to open the post': Covid's continued effect for film industry workers
- I should be in a box in the ground. I’m doing Strictly for all those who put me back together, says JJ Chalmers
- Coronavirus live updates: California jobs recovery outpaces states where pandemic is surging
- Lone Star Crazy: How Right-Wing Extremists Took Over Texas
Stop Granting Free Passes to Difficult People have 380 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at January 13, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.