On January 7, when Facebook suspended the US president’s account , followed on January 12 by Twitter suspending his account there , the response moved needles. “These actions,” wrote Prof. Ethan Zuckerman of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, for CNN.com, “reflect a major shift in how large social media platforms handle extreme speech.” “It’s a move that many saw coming,” wrote Social Media Today , “though likely not this fast.” our methodology Status Report: How we evaluate and rate technologies, and why Is a technology genuinely influential under its own power, or has succumbed to being simply a tool? Read More “This is the ultimate ‘better late than never’ move,” wrote Haymarket’s Campaign US blog , presumably publishing from the same planet. “All he [ the President ] had to do was commit actual treason.” We appear to live in a more divided society than at any time before. Certainly social media tells us this at every opportunity. Indeed, even the arguments over just where the split in our society resides have become divisive. Judging from what we read on social media, social media itself is either entirely culpable or innocently blameless. Amid both assertions, there’s a valid argument… Read full this story
- Behind the tweets, Trump's threat to regulate social media is real
- How Instagram became a social media giant
- Supreme Court to hear case that could impact future of social media
- Prevalence of social media is good for our generation — The Cougar
- How Asian Social Media Transformed a Quiet U.K. Walking Spot
- Teens say social media makes them feel better, poll shows
- Big Tech made the social media mess. It has to fix it
- SMi’s 11th Annual Social Media in Pharma Returns to London this January 2019!
- 'Miss Hitler 2018' Beauty Pageant Pages Removed From Russian Social Media After Media Complaints
- Social media makes teens feel better: poll
Is social media an influential technology or an insurrectionist tool? :Status Report have 301 words, post on www.zdnet.com at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.