Home Health Wellness Wellness oi-Neha Ghosh By Neha Ghosh on December 2, 2020 Peppermint (Mentha × piperita) is an aromatic herb native to Europe and Asia; it is a cross between watermint and spearmint, which belongs to the mint family. For thousands of years, people have been using peppermint both for flavouring and for its medicinal properties. Peppermint is used as a flavouring agent in a variety of products like candies, breath mints, toothpaste, etc. Peppermint is also used to make peppermint oil and peppermint tea. Peppermint tea is popularly consumed around the world for its several health benefits and refreshing minty flavour. What Is Peppermint Tea? Peppermint tea is made by infusing peppermint leaves in hot water; the leaves contain several essential oils, such as menthol, menthone and limonene that get released when steeped in hot water  . These essential oils give peppermint tea its refreshing, cooling and minty flavour. Health Benefits Of Peppermint Tea 1. May ease digestive problems Peppermint has long been used as a remedy for digestive problems, such as gas, bloating and upset stomach. Animal studies have shown that peppermint relaxes the digestive system and may ease abdominal pain. Therefore, drinking peppermint tea may… Read full this story
- Top herbs and spices and their health benefits
- Health benefits of black coffee
- Are there really health benefits to drinking kombucha?
- That Study About the Health Benefits of Nature Comes With an Important Caveat
- Workshop discusses air-health benefits from clean energy
- Organic Food May Not Have Any Health Benefits After All
- Rise of the 'Rose Pose': A look at the pretty (yet VERY impractical) new Instagram trend taking the world by storm - and it even has health benefits
- From drinking herbal teas to avoiding Brussels sprouts: Nutritionist reveals his five tips to preventing agonising IBS flare-ups this Christmas
- Green tea for weight loss: Popular options that are worth giving a try
- What makes soda so addictive?
Peppermint Tea: Health Benefits And How To Make have 319 words, post on www.boldsky.com at December 2, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.