Our immediate sphere—that's where our power is. As insignificant as we might feel within the larger realms of a society or a country, there is a circle of influence radiating out from our individual conduct. This is where the impact of decency flourishes and abides. A friend used to walk the streets of her neighborhood every week wearing rubber gloves and dragging along a large black plastic bag, picking up beer cans, cigarette stubs, candy wrappers, and all manner of detritus. For two miles in either direction from her house, the roadside was immaculate. She also made a practice of dropping in on sick, lonely , or grieving people in her vicinity, bringing baked treats and good cheer. When she died, the enormous church in her town was filled to overflowing. The tributes went on and on, so widely had her generosity of spirit inspired those who knew her. The measure of a good life is local; true satisfaction emerges most vividly in our immediate surroundings where we see the effects of helpful actions day by day. If we are able to live somewhere for a while, contributing to the lives of others leads to the slow accrual of respect and loyalty. Over time,… Read full this story
- Neyveli New Thermal Power Station becomes fully operational
- Power all your gear with one of these portable power stations, on sale starting at $100
- 'My DMs are flooded with trolls': Maura Higgins asks her followers to 'be kind' as she shares comparison snaps after being accused of editing her posts
- Crews Work Quickly To Restore Power Ahead Of More Storms
- ‘Soul’ Directors Pete Docter And Kemp Powers On Bringing Authentic Life To Pixar’s First Black Lead Character & The Importance Of Having Difficult Conversations
- 'There's more to me': I'm a Celebrity star Toni Pearen tells Colin Fassnidge she's starting to feel 'her power again' after she 'pushed away any kind of aspirations' because she wanted 'to be there for her kids'
- Trial of power project unit a success: NLCIL
- Teacher unions flex their power in Covid school reopening chaos
- Pennsylvania Lawmakers Tee Up Referendum On Limiting Governors’ Disaster Emergency Powers
- Say goodbye to energy bills! £120,000 solar-powered HOUSE built in Wales makes 30% more electricity than it uses
The Power of Kindness have 368 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at November 6, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.