“I am thrilled to join the British Fashion Council as its ambassador for positive change. Fashion has always been the pulse of pop culture, and can be a powerful force with the ability to connect cultures and bring people together,” she said.
“Through my role, I look forward to celebrating the incredible diversity and creativity of the industry, while working to champion budding and iconic designers doing their part to make an indelible impact on people and our planet,” Chopra said in a statement.
I am honored to be the British Fashion Council’s Ambassador for Positive Change while I’m living and working in Lon… https://t.co/VyNpINGh7C
— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) 1605544797000
This is big news for the Indian film fraternity as BFC is the body responsible for twice-yearly London Fashion Week (LFW) and London Fashion Week Men’s (LFWM), showcasing the best of British fashion design to an international audience of press and buyers. The BFC also organises the annual Fashion Awards, designed to celebrate creativity and innovation within the industry, as well as London Fashion Week Festival (LFWF), an all-inclusive event open to the public.
Former England football team captain, David Beckham is the reigning Ambassadorial President of the fashion body.
As BFC ambassador, Chopra will support the organisation through raising awareness and promoting best practice within the fashion industry, celebrating those that adhere to inclusive and ethical principles and act as a spokesperson for the importance of creative education, a press release issued on behalf of the actor said.
Caroline Rush, Chief Executive, BFC, said they are delighted to have Chopra on board “Her work as a social activist, promoting causes such as the environment and women’s rights, and her commitment to using her reach for good are what have made her one of the industry’s most courageous voices and the perfect choice as the BFC Ambassador for Positive Change,” Rush said.
Rush said they are looking forward to working with Chopra over the next twelve months
The 38-year-old actor will have an active role in a number of BFC events throughout the year, including London Fashion Week and The Fashion Awards over a twelve-month period starting from November 2020 to December 2021, the release said.
- My part in the anti-war demo that changed protest for ever
- Predicting Tomorrow: The Art, Architecture And Fashion Of Deux Ex Mankind Divided
- Shadowhand's creators discuss their position at the crossroad of 'core' and 'casual' games
- Battlefield 5 Update Out Now, Here Are The Patch Notes
- New Battlefield 5 Update Out Now, Here Are The Patch Notes
- New Battlefield 5 Update Now Live, Here Are The Patch Notes
- New Battlefield 5 Update Available Now, Here Are The Patch Notes
- Here's what happens when four players try to run one town in Cities: Skylines
- Huge Battlefield 1 Update Out Now, Adds Free Map and Makes a Ton of Changes
- Eurogamer's games of 2017: The big debate
- Episode 9 Revealed, The Mandalorian Footage, Jedi Fallen Order Trailer & Date, And All Star Wars Celebration News
- Trump pats Putin on the back and chats with smiling Saudi Crown Prince - the man accused of ordering the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi - who stands in the front row for 'family photo' at G20 summit
- Everyone to the barricades
- 'Face like thunder': how the mood turned sour at Trump's first G20
- Dam heroes! Countless words have been written about the Dambusters raid, but a new book by historian MAX HASTINGS brings it to life as never before... hour by nerve-jangling hour
- 'You're the best, it's actually official!' Killing Eve star Jodie Comer congratulates her best friend Katarina Johnson-Thompson after the heptathlete won a long-awaited gold in the World Championships
- Interview: Behaviour On Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade
- Major goes back to the old values
- Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein expecting to be fired: reports
- The best PC games of 2018
Priyanka Chopra appointed ambassador for positive change by British Fashion Council and here's why it's big news! have 691 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at November 20, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.