(CNN)The United States was never expected to last this long as the world’s leader. For more than seven decades, America has buttressed the “rules-based order,” acting as the world’s police and its moral champion, whether its allies and enemies liked it or not. That’s no longer the case.
A long time coming
- Former Republican national security officials demand GOP leaders denounce Trump's refusal to concede election
- China or America: Who's Really 'Bossing the World?' | Opinion
- World leaders wish Trump a speedy recovery
- Leaders spar at UN General Assembly amid global crisis
- Trump's loss dealt a blow to global populism. But the movement is still alive and kicking
- RT, Russia's First Global News Network, Celebrates 15 Years on Air
- Donald Trump accused of ‘treason’ by ex-CIA boss after historic talks with Vladimir Putin in Helsinki
- QAnon’s ‘independent and self-sustaining’ rise in Japan shows the conspiracy theory’s global spread
- Youngest World Leaders: Sebastian Kurz, Kim Jong Un and Others Who Prove Age Is Just a Number
- Donald Trump Touts Morocco as Latest Arab Country to Establish Israel Ties
- The Trials of Jeff Sessions: Trump’s Radical Attorney General
- Money talks: Why China is beating America in Asia
- George H.W. Bush's leadership style was 'exact opposite' of Donald Trump
- Is Iran's Supreme Leader preparing to designate his son as the next in line?
- Uyghurs are desperate for action in Xinjiang. Some say only Trump can help
- China’s president Xi rings Biden to ‘congratulate him on 2020 win’ after Trump alleged shady ‘China & Hunter Biden’ deal
- Trump Tells Saudi Arabia and Other Muslim Nations to 'Drive Out' Islamist Extremists
- Where Is Kim Jong Un? North Korean Leader's Sister Kim Yo Jong Seen to Take On Increasingly Prominent Role
- Trump virus coordinator Deborah Birx seeks role in Biden government
- Who are Donald Trump's cabinet picks? Rex Tillerson, Betsy DeVos and more key names profiled
America's role as global leader all but died under Trump. The world was outgrowing it anyway have 2320 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 1, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.