What do Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, and Warren Buffet have in common? Among other things, they've all had mentors at some point in their professional development. As mentees, they took advantage of learning from others' experiences and tapping into more seasoned professionals as resources for business advice, strategy, and insights. Actively seeking out a mentor can sometimes feel awkward and transactional , but relationship-based networking is essential for personal and professional growth. A survey by Kabbage found that 92% of small businesses agree that mentors directly impact the development and the survival of their business. Don't fall into the misconception that you don't need mentors once you've found your own success — the beauty of mentorship is that it gives you the opportunity to never stop learning and growing, no matter where you are in your career . To realize the powerful benefits of mentorship, go beyond simply picking a mentor and connecting with them for regular meetings. Another misconception is that mentors are responsible for setting the agenda, but the most effective mentorships function as a two-way street, where the mentee takes a proactive approach to drive the relationship. Here's how you can carry this proactivity throughout the… Read full this story
- Top grilling tips from chefs and pitmasters
- Stop Killing Your Laptop! Tips You Need to Extend It’s Lifespan
- Tulsa experiment: Can investing in children early reverse poverty cycle?
- Trip Notes: Flying Private To NYC And Tips For Dealing With Flight Delays And Cancellations
- Apex Legends: essential beginner’s tips
- Tips for visiting Legoland with very young kids
- IDC research: Building a trusted brand in the new world of customer expectations
- How to Blow Better Bubbles
- How to pick the perfect holiday settings to test your smartphone camera
- Customer engagement: Context, meaning, and measurement
3 Tips to Proactively Elevate Your Mentorship Experience have 298 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at October 30, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.