Home Health Wellness Wellness oi-Amritha K By Amritha K on September 10, 2020 10 September is observed as World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) every year. The day is observed to spread awareness of suicide, preventing suicides and providing the necessary help for struggling individuals. Organised by the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) in collaboration with the World Health Organisation (WHO), WSPD was initiated in 2003. The theme for World Suicide Prevention Day 2020 is ‘Working Together to Prevent Suicide,’ which was also the theme for World Suicide Prevention Day 2019 and 2018. Amidst the global pandemic, WPSD 2020 will be more social-media oriented. The hashtag #WorldSuicidePreventionDay is used by different platforms to spread awareness, especially considering the tragic hike in the number of suicidal deaths in the year 2020 alone . Globally, the profound psychological and social effects of the pandemic has contributed towards a significant increase in suicide deaths . Suicide prevention in the COVID-19 era is an important and challenging issue; health experts say . In India, suicide was the leading cause of over 300 non-coronavirus deaths in the year 2020 . Read on to know expert views and points on suicide and the ways you can… Read full this story
- The International Association for Suicide Prevention hosts the 16th World Suicide Prevention Day on 10 September 2018
- World Suicide Prevention Day: 15th Annual Event Takes Aim at Illustrating the Importance of Mental Health
- Stripes removed from Pride Flag in observance of World Suicide Prevention Day
- World Suicide Prevention Day: Child suicides rising; reasons unclear
- Suicide Prevention Minister Appointed for First Time in U.K. as Mental Health Disorders Rise Worldwide
- First Ever Minister For Suicide Prevention Appointed As 'Too Many Suffer In Silence'
- Rochester Area Youth Ministry Network puts on suicide prevention event
- Community group stages suicide prevention training after student's death
- Students fail to show for suicide prevention forum
- “Grab My Hand” event emphasizes safe spaces, vulnerability in suicide prevention methods
World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) 2020: Recognising Symptoms Of Suicidal Behavior have 314 words, post on www.boldsky.com at September 10, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.