Home Health Disorders cure Disorders Cure oi-Staff By Staff on September 12, 2020 Chennai: Apollo Hospital doctors successfully saved two young lives by performing complicated living donor liver transplants on a Six-month-old baby and an Eleven-year-old girl who had extreme health complications during the pandemic. Mothers of both children gave a new lease of life to them once again by donating a part of their liver. Six-month-old Baby Abhyansh Mondal had persistent jaundice since his birth in January 2020 which eventually got worse with time. The baby was affected by a rare genetic disorder due to which she was born without a bile duct. Abhyansh Mondal daughter of Abhishek Mondal and Samyuktha Kumari from Jharkhand was suffering from Biliary Atresia, a rare, congenital liver disorder. Though her illness was diagnosed in Jharkhand in January, the family could not go for further treatment due to the continuous lockdown. Speaking about this procedure Dr Elankumaran, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Liver Transplant Surgeon, Apollo Children’s Hospitals, said, “By the time they brought the child to Apollo Chennai the baby’s liver was completely damaged. The baby was weighing eight kilograms only. Her bile duct was completely not formed and this is not a common scenario. Studying… Read full this story
- A patient kept getting kicked off liver transplant waiting lists for alcohol abuse. But she wasn't drinking, her bladder was making the alcohol
- Vietnam successfully performs world's first limb transplant from live donor
- First private hospital of Vietnam successfully performs liver transplant
- Medical Costs Grow For Ashburn Man After Liver Transplant Surgery
- Ozzy Osbourne Hospitalized with Flu Complications as Sharon Thanks Fans for 'Concern and Love'
- Demi Lovato Remains Hospitalized After Suffering Complications from Apparent Overdose: Sources
- Watch a Moving, Unplugged Performance of Selena Gomez's 'Rare'
- Technology offers hope to those waiting for a liver
- The army of NHS heroes who saved Donna's life: From the driver who picked up the donor liver she'd waited two years for to the surgeon who implanted it. Here all 27 reveal their vital roles
- Mum marries critically ill boyfriend in hospital bed in front of sons, 10 and 6
This Hospital Successfully Performs Complicated Liver Transplants On Children With A Rare Disorder have 349 words, post on www.boldsky.com at September 12, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.