Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other updates from Hindustan Times.
Many parts of peninsular India to experience rain for next 4-5 days
Peninsular India is likely to record widespread rain with thunder and lightning for the next four to five days, India Meteorological Department (IMD) has said in its bulletin. Read more
Where is Covid-19 most active in the country?
Around half of India’s 880,790 active cases as of Sunday night were located in just three states, and more than a quarter of these were in just 10 cities. Read more
Two options offered to states only way out, says Centre on GST compensation
The Centre remains committed to reimbursing states for the entire shortfall of Rs 2.35 lakh crore in their share of Goods and Services Tax (GST) revenue this financial year – only immediate compensation may not be forthcoming, senior finance ministry officials said. Read more
Kangana Ranaut warns ‘movie mafia’ against harming her: ‘Trust me it will hurt you even more’
Kangana Ranaut has issued a warning to the ‘movie mafia’ and said that their attempts to harm her might bring them ‘momentary happiness’ but will later blow up in their faces. She said that if they were smart enough, they would know that ‘(her) end is (her) beginning’. Read more
Cricket Australia trying to find BBL team for Indian great Yuvraj Singh: Report
A report in the Sydney Morning Herald is claiming that fans could see one of India’s greatest limited-overs cricketers take part in Australia’s Big Bash League. It has been reported that Yuvraj Singh, who retired from international cricket last year, wants to take part in the T20 event. Read more
Government wants to use electric vehicles as main weapon in fight vs pollution
The Centre has upgraded the fuel standard to BS 6 to fight pollution, Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar recently said and urged people to shift to electric vehicles. Read more
International Literacy Day 2020: History, significance and theme of the UNESCO designated day
At the 14th session of UNESCO’s general conference in 1966, the first ever International Literacy Day was declared and since then it has been celebrated annually on September 8, in an effort to highlight the importance of literacy to individuals and communities around the world. Read more
Pune Police’s advisory post references classic Nirma jingle. Seen it yet?
“Washing powder Nirma, washing powder Nirma,” if rather than simply reading these words you hummed them in your head, then you probably have heard the classic Nirma ad jingle a whole lot while growing up. Read more
Sudheer Babu on ‘V’, working with Nani, making it in film industry on his own
Sudheer Babu, who plays a police officer in V, opened up about the film getting a direct-to-digital release, his experience of shooting with Nani, how the film will play up his action hero image and more in an interview with Hindustan Times. Watch
- Pokemon Go Community Day news update: October and November dates revealed
- News updates from Hindustan Times: India summons Pakistani chargé d’affaires to protest civilian deaths in LoC shelling and all the latest news
- Met Office weather forecast – Brits face torrential rain as ‘danger to life’ flood warning issued in North West
- When is Remembrance Day 2020 and how will Covid rules affect events?
- When is Remembrance Day 2020 and will Covid rules affect events?
- News updates from Hindustan Times: TMC jibes at Amit Shah after lunch with refugee family and all the latest news
- News updates from Hindustan Times: 11 states to go to by-polls on Tuesday; keen contest in MP, UP, Gujarat, Karnataka and all the latest news
- News updates from Hindustan Times: Order on Arnab Goswami’s bail plea reserved, no immediate relief and all the latest news
- News updates from Hindustan Times: Rajnath Singh says Gilgit-Baltistan is an integral part of India and all the latest news
- News updates from Hindustan Times: US poll fever grips India; internet search, interest soar and all the latest news
- News updates from Hindustan Times: LJP replays spoilsport’s role but with different target and all the latest updates
- News updates from Hindustan Times: Presidency in US hinges on tight races in northern battleground states and all the latest news
- News updates from Hindustan Times: India, Maldives sign 4 pacts including $100M grant for key connectivity project and all the latest news
- News updates from Hindustan Times: With AQI at 452, Delhi wakes up to severe air pollution and all the latest news
- UK weather forecast – Hurricane Epsilon to bring over a month’s rain in just 36 hours as 70mph winds to batter Britain
- 'Smoggy Days' are Back In Delhi Ahead of Diwali Due to India's Relaxation of Lockdown Restrictions
- Weather forecast: Britain battered by 50mph gales and torrential rain sparking flood alert
- 18 million to hit the roads today for August Bank Holiday getaway – but rain sparks travel chaos
- Amazon Prime Day sale: Offers and discounts on headphones, earphones from Xiaomi, Sennheiser and more
- COVID-19 onslaught: India's hospitals look down the barrel of the gun
News updates from Hindustan Times: Peninsular India to experience rain in next 4-5 days and all the latest news have 828 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at September 8, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.