Home Health Wellness Wellness oi-Lekhaka By Lekhaka on August 4, 2020 National Bone and Joint Day is observed on 4 August every year. Initiated in 2012 by the Indian Orthopedic Association, Bone and Joint day aims to sensitise society about the increasing impact of musculoskeletal conditions and promote cost-effective prevention and treatment. The slogan for the day is “Stronger bones Stronger India – because we believe healthier the bones, healthier the society and stronger the nation.” On this National Bone And Joint Day, let us take a look at some of the common bone and joint problems reported in obese individuals. Pregnancy Brain Is Not A Myth! Read On To Know About Momnesia Being overweight or obese is now recognised as a serious cause of ill health and disability. There is a significant positive association between orthopaedic disorders and the level of obesity causing pain, deformity and difficulty in walking. Excess body weight accumulation increases pressure on joints, particularly the hips, knees and ankles . Here Are A Few Types Of Arthritis: Osteoarthritis: It is a condition of damage/ wear and tear of the joint lining or cartilage. Obesity triggers this by loading excessive weight on the weight-bearing joints like… Read full this story
- This Eastbourne woman is hosting a pamper day for homeless people in town
- No decline in discrimination against people of African descent in EU
- Scotland on course for England showdown at Euro 2020 (if both teams qualify)
- Cambs County Council decides against supporting ‘people’s vote’ on Brexit
- Young people to lose up to £108,000 in earnings if there is a no-deal Brexit
- When was the 2018 Remembrance Day parade and Cenotaph service?
- Too fat to fight: Pentagon grapples with obesity epidemic
- University of Notre Dame to Host First 2020 Presidential Debate
- May Expects Brexit Transition Period to End by Late December 2020 as Scheduled
- Universal Credit is driving more people towards using food banks
National Bone And Joint Day 2020: Bone And Joint Problems In Obese People have 313 words, post on www.boldsky.com at August 4, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.