Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala on Sunday said the Haryana government will set up modern libraries for students in rural areas if panchayats provide some land for the purpose.
He said these libraries will be fully equipped and help youths in villages to prepare for competitive exams. Chautala, who also holds the panchayat portfolio, in a statement said that he has set a target of opening modern libraries in every village.
He called upon all village panchayats to give a room or two or some space in their villages for setting up libraries.
“The state government will build a modern library at its own expense. The students in the rural areas can immensely benefit from these libraries,” he said.
Chautala said he had also pushed the idea when he was a Member of Parliament between 2014 and 2019.
The deputy chief minister said the state government will initiate many other steps in the coming months for the betterment of education facilities in rural areas.
“In the education sector, we need to make full use of technology and the government is doing continuous work in this direction. The state government is taking steps in constructing Sanskriti model schools in each block on the pattern of central government model schools and to make primary schools bag free,” he said.
- Nearly 100 percent of rural communes have planning: ministry
- Modern Bronx: Amazing architecture in community service buildings
- Gold Coast details fibre and Wi-Fi network expansion plans
- Areas around JFK and LaGuardia Airport to get $100 uplift
- How self-driving tractors, AI, and precision agriculture will save us from the impending food crisis
- What is 5G? All you need to know about the next generation of wireless technology
- Smart farming: How IoT, robotics, and AI are tackling one of the biggest problems of the century
- The home caucus: Cozy tradition nears extinction
- The 5G fallout: Brexit triggers a global wireless fault line
- FCC limits fees cities can charge for 5G deployment
- Wider net: 5G and the connection between the wireless connections
- FCC to limit fees for 5G deployment
- Iowa Energy Center to run on 'bare minimum' after leaving Iowa State
- Why 1950s America Got So Into Those Incredibly Fake Aluminum Christmas Trees
- Australian Budget 2019: Census 2021 gets AU$38m to ‘address issues from 2016’
- Rick Steves: How to get around in Europe
- Portable Hard Drive Buying Guide 
- How ‘cloud-native’ applications are transforming IT, and why it took so long
- 100 ways to survive 100-degree heat in Arizona
- Crisis at Lincoln Hills juvenile prison years in making
Haryana govt planning to set up modern libraries in rural areas: Deputy CM have 398 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.