Source: Weizhi Liu, used with permission Post- traumatic stress is a common experience during disease outbreaks. Dr. Weizhi Liu and his team have researched the prevalence of post-traumatic stress among COVID-19 infected populations, providing some suggestions to increase mental health and resilience . Weizhi Liu, Ph.D., M.D., Professor, Director of Lab for PTSD and Lab for Emotion & Cognition , Faculty of Psychology and Mental Health, Naval Medical University, Shanghai, China. He has published more than 60 professional articles in the field of PTSD and has authored 4 books, most recently Trauma Recovery published by SMMU press. He is the vice-director of Clinical Psychology and Psychological Counseling Committee, Shanghai Psychological Association. He is also the honors fellow at the Lab for Brain Imaging & Behavior, Westman center, University of Wisconsin-Madison and advised by Richard J. Davidson from 2011 to 2012 years. JA: How did you first get interested in this topic? WL: The incidence of natural disasters, accidents, and military conflicts has risen obviously in this century, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) has become one of the greatest public health problems. Our team was devoted to studying PTSD for several years, including among earthquake survivors, Shidu parents (parents who lost their only… Read full this story
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - What are the Symptoms?
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - The Body Responds To Trauma
- 3 Steps to Kick Post-Traumatic Stress Out of You !
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Rape, and Sexual Abuse
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - How War Veterans Defined a Psychiatric Illness
- Car Accident Article: Car Accidents & Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- PTSD - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, The Dark Side of War
- Getting Help For Your Fears And Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Insomnia - Post -Traumatic Stress Disorder And Insomnia
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, A Real Illness
How to Handle COVID-19 Post-Traumatic Stress have 287 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at July 27, 2020. This is cached page on Health Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.